Users Online Now: 2,224 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 624,527
Pageviews Today: 1,084,518Threads Today: 449Posts Today: 7,597
01:09 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Cascadia Subduction Zone research (and links)....Could this be the area where the "big one" occurs?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ***********************EDIT***********************
4/25/12

Due to all the recent activity, I remembered this post from October and decided to re-bump it and spread the info!

Stay frosty GLP

Let me start this thread off by saying, THIS IS NOT A PREDICTION.

I was doing some research on USGS, despite being slow from the government shutdown, and I noticed the large amount of "quarry blasts" in the last week with an increasing number of quarry blasts in the last 2 days.

This made me curious...it was only showing quarry blasts in the West Coast, and I did a little research as to what might be happening because I had seen threads on GLP about it. The results are truly unimaginable in my opinion.

[link to www.godlikeproductions.com]

So to start off, where is this happening?

According to USGS (set on one day all magnitudes) shows 7 quarry blasts on the West Coast in the last 24 hours, 6 occurring in the Pacific Northwest.

If you are curious as to what geologic structures might be in that region, look no further!
I present the Cascadia fault/subduction zone....AKA

The Giant, Underestimated Earthquake Threat to North America (LONG ARTICLE, BUT INCREDIBLE)
[link to discovermagazine.com]

(Quote)
"It turns out that Cascadia is virtually identical to the offshore faults that devastated Sumatra in 2004 and Japan in 2011—almost the same length, the same width, and with the same tectonic forces at work. Cascadia’s fault can and will generate the same kind of earthquake we saw last year: magnitude 9 or higher. It will send a train of deadly tsunami waves across the Pacific and crippling shock waves across a far wider geographic area than all the California quakes you’ve ever heard about."

and

The Great Cascadia Earthquake of 2xxx
[link to geology.about.com]

and...

See what the 2005 Cascadia Region Earthquake Work Group said about it in their report...

(Report PDF)Cascadia Subduction Zone Earthquakes: A Magnitude 9.0 Scenario
[link to geology.about.com]

And...

The most recent findings by University of Washington Geophysicist Study of fault condition...

Research Cruise Reveals New Findings about Megaquake Fault
[link to www.kplu.org]

and...

Pics of Fault/ Subduction Zone

[link to www.standeyo.com]

[link to i.dailymail.co.uk]

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

Okay so back to what I was saying about the quarry blasts in that area...prominent in last two weeks and increasing since beginning of this week (odd, right).

Oh and all the Quarry Blasts in the Pacific Northwest just so happen to fall on this fault line.
[link to www.standeyo.com]

BUT! Are quarry blasts a trigger for earthquakes/ can earthquakes be caused by man?

Yes. Or at least this seismologist who researches relationships between Earthquakes and Quarry Blasts thinks so...(seems legit, was in Japan advising Japanese when 2011 quake/ tsunami hit.

Name: Leonardo Seeber, a seismologist at Columbia University's Lamont-Doherty Earth Observatory.

Japan Credentials/Evidence
[link to www.cnn.com]

Small Town newspaper featuring this^ scientist suggesting quarry blast was trigger for earthquake in nearby area of PA.
[link to articles.mcall.com]

And if that is not a real enough source for you, how about the New York Times?
[link to www.nytimes.com]

More research on the location of the quarry blasts revealed that not only have they all fell somewhere on or near the Cascadia fault line, they have also been near a body of water, which is very worrying to me.

The quarry blast itself does create pressure, and that is released into the ground and sometimes returns in the form of an earthquake, but the damage from the blast to groundwater sources and seepage of those water sources (above and below ground) into the porous volcanic rock that makes up the crust in that area due to numerous surrounding volcanoes, is a very bad scenario.

The quarry blasts cause water intrusion and combined with the pressure already naturally there, it is a ticking time bomb.

Long story short.

Who could be causing these quarry blasts?...

Who has been warning the Pacific Northwest for a massive quake?

Who Do you think?......

Things to ponder....

[link to shakeout.org]

[link to seattletimes.com]

[link to seattletimes.com]

(written yesterday)
[link to www.albanytribune.com]

I just connected the dots for myself, I hope I did for you as well. It took a lot of work, so please leave comments! Prepare, good luck, and goodnight!

I will leave you with some links...

Thread: Outgoing DHS Secretary Janet Napolitano Warns of ‘Serious’ Cyber Attack, Unprecedented Natural Disaster

Thread: Pacific Northwest OVERDUE for 9.0 mega-earthquake!

Thread: ALERT: Chilling new report predicts massive earthquake and tsunami for Pacific Northwest

Thread: Report predicts massive death, destruction from overdue Pacific Northwest mega-quake

Thread: **Large Earthquake on the 18th Of October** FEMA Getting Ready

Thread: Great Shake Out: Earthquake Preparedness
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP