Users Online Now: 1,148 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 110,014
Pageviews Today: 196,260Threads Today: 75Posts Today: 1,404
02:38 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone out there register as a Democrat then switch to a Republican?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I did. When I first registered to vote, I told my parents I wasn't sure what party to register for. I was going to register as an Independent, but my father said I might as well register as a Democrat. My parents were democrats, and we live in a very democratic state. So I did, but a year later as I got prepared to vote for the first time, I realized that my ideas aligned much more with Republicans. I changed my political party to republican and have been ever since.

I wonder how many people don't think for themselves or just register for what party their parents or friends are registered for?

If you did change your political affiliation based on your own independent thinking, cheers to you, but I fear this is very uncommon.

If anyone has changed parties, I am curious what led to the change. Wha was said or what did you learn to change your mind?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP