Users Online Now: 2,113 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 931,356
Pageviews Today: 1,738,408Threads Today: 853Posts Today: 15,055
07:20 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Obamacare... guess what, most folks are put on MEDICAID... it will bankrupt the states!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Surprise surprise. From Karl...

[link to market-ticker.org]
This is (thus far) anecdotal, but if it plays out anywhere near what I'm hearing reports of this law is done and so is the Federal and State budget process.

Specifically, I am hearing that of the (few) people who have managed to actually (1) create an account on the federal health care system exchanges and (2) go through the process nearly all of them are winding up referred to Medicaid. What's nearly all? There are reports that it is in the 90% range in many if not most area!

Got that? Almost none of the so-called "enrollees" are actually paying customers.

What's worse is the rest of the screwjob that is being foisted off on those who do look at the plans -- there is further (anecdotal, again, as this information is extremely hard to find) evidence developing that the "in-network" lists -- that is, which doctors and hospitals are "accepted" by these plans are effectively identical to the choice that Medicaid patients have -- in other words, half or more of the medical facilities and physicians, including probably your current doctor, will not accept these plans.

I was utterly unable to find, without registering, exactly what was "in-network" in this area among the "plans" offered for this county. Of course I have not provided any personal information, but this is one of the key shopping points for people who are buying "health insurance" -- they want to know where they can use it!

Between these two points calling this a "revolution" in health care may be rather correct but not in the way that Pelosi, Reid and Obama intended. Rather it may cause quite the other sort of revolution for two reasons:

It appears that it is going to instantly detonate State and Federal budgets, even among those states that did not "expand" Medicaid (many states rejected that attempted expansion) because it is going to flood the existing system with new enrollees, many of whom will immediately use their "free" services.

and

There are effectively zero young, healthy ("millennial") enrollees among those who are signing up and paying. As I expected and predicted only the truly and catastrophically sick have put up with the crap required to actually go through the process. These people are going to immediately and irrevocably consume dramatically more health care cost than they pay in premium.

In short there is effectively nobody signing up who is going to be a net payer of premium into the system from a statistical point of view.

The inbound tsunami that is going to come ashore in both Federal and State budgets, not to mention the outrageous premium ramps that will appear in Year #2 for Obamacare if enrollment continues to look anything like it is today will detonate our economy.

!! 5a hiding
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP