Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Obstructions to Video Mobile Sharing on the Rise
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message

hey everyone :) it's been awhile.
how are you all doing?

for this winter to keep myself creative goal to keep me from going insane completely or something i am forcing myself to make 1 video "anagram" a day no matter what (although now i am 3 days behind *ahem*)
so far i've made 17. i make them all on my ipod from shooting , editing to uploading. i'm trying to see what works and what doesn't because i want to try to make a movie all on an ipod because i like things to be simple and the thought of doing tiny sized films that are made for the mobile amuses me.

so...i've downloaded a gazillion video apps and i am combining them and seeing what crashes and what doesn't and what sucks and what i like. no matter how cheesy the effect i just go with it and see what i can do with it. it's been pretty fun.

i upload them all to vimeo as i make them but youtube has to be all "we can't encode your apple thing" and it's on like donkey kong in the neverending fight over supremacy...google or apple. gog or magog.

so rather than take every single "anagram" i made and make it be windows media i just stuck a bunch of them together and converted them in batches. and this is my first batch.

it cracked me up how random it turned out so i thought i would show you all here what i've been up to for your viewing pleasure or displeasure.

ya, that's my voice talking on there. and yes, i have a minnesota accent bigtime.

i'm not trying to "say" anything with this. this is just me having fun and playing with apps to get to know them. if anyone has any apps they would like to suggest to me i would love to know more. i'm always on the lookout.

ok, here is the conspiracy part:

have you noticed how HARD it is becoming to share video online now especially on the mobile??
like, i uploaded a video to youtube on my ipod and then after it completed i was told that i could not view my own video on the device i had uploaded it from.
seriously.

i see this more and more all the time. i am being blocked on youtube from watching stuff on the mobile. it'll say add to playlist so you can watch from a desktop computer later.
it was explained to me this had something to do with ads and them making money but right, i'm not buying it.

especially when i cannnot even view my own 1 minute video i just uploaded ON THE MOBILE. STUPID.

then there is the whole "oh it's the war on flash" thing and "flash sucks". well maybe so. but hey i used to be able to watch videos and now i can't. it's 2013. hello? we are supposed to be moving forward with this intranebz thing and all i see is it going backwards. plus it's getting slower. anyone notice how the net has slowed down?

this is purposeful, imo, because they do not want people sharing video instantly because then people could share stuff like NEWS before it got a spin put on it.
someone could start their own internet video news station and it could be instant and it has been a bit like that but they are putting the clamp down now.

i keep mentioning this to people and no one seems to be too upset about it. but i can say this much for certain, whenever communication is being purposefully SLOWED DOWN or made to be more DIFFICULT that is never a good sign.

but i can see where this is heading and it's pissing me off.
i am noticing more than most people maybe because i am making these video anagrams and trying to get them out there only to come up to roadblock after roadblock to sharing videos made solely on the go for people on the go.

also now when i share videos i will see "some people may not be able to view this because of it's privacy settings"

it's meaning the videos privacy settings. not that the video is private. it's public. but SOMEONE cannot see it, but who i do not know. who is setting these privacy settings for public videos and who is not being able to view them?

i would love to know.

so far it's just under the radar enough so that no one is getting bothered by this. but mark my words, this is going into very bad territory and they are chipping away at everyone's ability to share video made on the go on a mobile device with others. it pisses me off.

that is all for now.

over and out,

pinkcat
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP