Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ipad Issue
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I have an Ipad 1 that I received as a gift back in 2010. Recently, it has developed a really bizarre issue. I have googled it and I know from doing so that I am not the only one who has experienced this, but I have been unable to find a solution/resolution to it. I figured I would post it here just to see if any of my GLP friends have any ideas or have had the same issue.

Recently, the Ipad is no longer recognized when I plug it into the sync cable to my PC (or any PC for that matter). The problem there is I can no longer add any new content to the Ipad. It also will not charge if the Ipad is powered on. Here is where it gets interesting. If I power the Ipad off and plug the sync cable/power cable in, it will charge. So, I have found a way to keep it "alive", but as far as watching videos or adding new books or anything of the sort to it, it is presently useless. I have tried different sync cables, so it is not the cable. I also did a "restore" of settings to factory default to no help.

I am going to go to the local Apple store this afternoon and see what they have to say. Yes, it is out of warranty, but it is only 3 years old. It should not be experiencing these types of issues. And, with it being, apparently, a known issue, we will see what they do. Not holding my breath, but hopeful they will try to assist.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP