Users Online Now: 1,772 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 10,003
Pageviews Today: 15,197Threads Today: 11Posts Today: 81
12:07 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Would you rather Taxes be raised for Healthcare and cut down on Military expenses?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message That's what's going on here in Canada.

We're taxed to the hilt.

If, per chance, Taxes were raised for the U.S. and you put said taxes into healthcare/education/etc, and cut back on military, would that be better? Not saying 'our' system is perfect (far from) but...

I'm looking at you guys (from an outside perspective) and see how much this 'obamacare' is hurting you.

How do you get blood out of a stone? How in the hell are people supposed to afford this upcoming obamacare?

The Answer?

YOU DON'T.

From my angle, it's like watching a train wreck in slow motion and can't do anything about it...but just watch. You KNOW the outcome, and still hope and pray that there'll be survivors, but in this case, the conductor jumped rails a few miles back and isn't going around dead mans' curve with the rest of the passengers.

Preferential Treatment:

Of course, you'll have to watch the whole episode above to see where a 'high official' is suddenly 'taken out of rank' and treated with medicines that *ahem* commoners receive.

It's funny where both our cultures are concerned. Canadian and American. We're very much alike, but in many cases...differences arise. Some good some bad.

For the (most part) Americans seem to enjoy Canadian Construct. We're deemed as the 'happy-go-lucky' sort to the north. The one's that wouldn't hurt a fly. Some view us as a STRONG nation, others could care less.

In case some Americans haven't heard of this one particular guy, I'd like to introduce a fellow Canadian by the name of TOMMY DOUGLAS.

[link to en.wikipedia.org]

[link to www.cupe1975.ca]

As I've said before, OUR healthcare up here is far from perfect but from my knowledge, our politicians never went out of their way to penalize (fine) those who couldn't afford healthcare insurance. To the point of taking said fine out of potential income tax refunds etc.

There's snake oils men and then there's obamacare. Is there a difference? Not much, except this time around they 'force' you to drink the liquid, or they put a spell(lien) against your crops(land/home) and withhold.

There's over 30 million people in Canada.
And over...300,000,000 people in the U.S.

There are times I think that there is actually a 2-tier experimental system in the continent of the Americas (sans Mexico).

One being played out in Canada, and the other in the U.S.

Whereby the U.S. crams in soooooooo many people in their country (1/2 landsize/resources) and have a 'free for all', and in Canada (soooooo much land/resources/etc) and have limited people.

One would think that with a population... the size of the U.S. that they would be able to take in LOADS OF CASH to help their people. Allocate taxes where they SHOULD go.

But Alas, that's not to be.

Have you seen lately where the taxes from the gas pumps go?

Over half of Canadian taxes go into healthcare and education /etc.

While over half of the American gas taxes go into MILITARY.

Check it out! Do your homework.

Talk about spreading yourself thinly.

Some would say, "Well without our strong military...you'd be nothing or taken over."

Others would say, "Jesus. H. Christ. You stuck your nose in where you shouldn't."

I'm saying...

There has to be a happy medium somewhere, and by filching ones own country for money that the general populous doesn't have - where obamacare is concerned, isn't going to cut it.

When the recession happened in 08' with the U.S. many wondered what would happen with Canada.

We obviously didn't fold and held our own.

WHAT was the difference?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP