REPLY TO THREAD
Global Civil Disobedience Campaign Against the Banks
Global Civil Disobedience Campaign Against the Banks
The vast and various ills and evils of our current financial institutes do not need an introduction from me. Instead, I will begin by stating that these vast and various ills and evils demand from us the strongest, most direct and effective action possible. I am proposing a global campaign of civil disobedience of the highest ambition designed to end forever our current financial institutions. Quite simply, our current economic is unnecessary. Humanity has the means, the resources, and the will to live in material security. Together we can create a financial system that is fair, transparent, and that serves the best interests of all of humanity. If you like the sound of this and feel that you can contribute to this campaign in some form then, please, read on.
Why civil disobedience?
The primary function of the civil disobedience campaign is to get the attention and support of the global public and to create a platform where we can:
1. Increase the publics awareness and understanding of the current financial systems.
2. Stimulate a global discussion about the future of the current financial systems culminating in a global referendum.
3. Develop a new financial system that is fair, transparent, and that serves the best interests of all of humanity.
The civil disobedience campaign will also aim to:
1. Empower the global public by demonstrating that effective action against the financial institutions is possible.
2. Disempower the banks by demonstrating that we can and will take action, that we are not afraid to take action, and that we have the means and the will to continue to take action until our objectives are achieved.
The success of this campaign rests upon numbers. We must build as large an audience of supporters as possible. This means millions. This is made possible through social media. If we are to change the financial systems then we need to put significant pressure on our governments to take the action that the public demands.
What will the act of civil disobedience be?
For an act of civil disobedience to achieve maximum effect it must be a simple and repeatable act that is performed in front of a large audience of supporters. The power of civil disobedience is not in the act itself, but in the potential for the act to be repeated en masse. Therefore, as long as the act is performed in front of a large audience of supporters then it need only be performed by myself to begin with. If my act alone does not advance our campaign to our satisfaction then it would be appropriate for the act to be repeated en masse.
The act of civil disobedience that I am proposing to do is this:
I will go overdrawn in my bank account by the minimum amount required to incur a bank charge. I will then refuse to pay the charge and stop funding my bank account so that the charges continue and accumulate.
This is a simple act that can be repeated - with variations - by most people around the world. If this were an isolated act performed in private then it would be insignificant, but as it will be done publicly in front of a large audience of supporters the bank will be compelled to take the strongest possible action against me to discourage others from repeating the act, which will in turn draw more attention and sympathy towards the campaign. If the banks take strong action against me then I will push for a prison sentence. I will refuse to pay fines or do community service. This is important as it publicly strips the banks of their power. It shows that we will happily take the severest punishment possible for the cause which will leave the banks without any threat. As such, even if they did take the strongest action possible, supporters would still feel encouraged to repeat the act, which would leave them with the problem of prosecuting thousands and thousands of people. If then the bank chose not to take the strongest possible against the act then it would simply encourage supporters to repeat the act. In other words, the bank will be in a no win situation and will have been publicly shown to be utterly weak and powerless. This is how we will obtain the leverage to achieve our aims and objectives.
This campaign can only be effective with the support of others. We are fortunate in that we have incredible resources available to us to promote this campaign. We have powerful social media platforms, numerous alternative media sources with large audiences, and a world population that is already sick and tired of the banks. I even think that we might find some support in the mainstream media… but we won't count on that! We also have many, many people who are working tirelessly on this subject already. This campaign is for them.
How can you help?
* We need people who can promote this campaign in various ways and help us to build as large a global audience as is possible… we want millions. If you have the will and the means to promote this campaign, whether online or real-world, then you are needed.
* We need a website and social media platforms. I technically can do this, but i'm not an expert at all, so if anyone is then their help would make the campaign much more effective.
* We need people who are willing to repeat the initial act of civil disobedience. The ideal would be that that is never needed. However, if it is needed then having people on standby ready and willing to act will help us to gain momentum and encourage others to follow. Don't leave me hanging!
* We need ideas. The more inspired, creative thoughts the better. Ask yourself, 'How can I make this campaign better?' Then tell me!
* We need global representatives. We need people to translate this campaign into other languages and be a campaign leader in that country / region.
* How can you help? What am I forgetting? What other help do I need… tell me!
* Finally... be positive, have faith, make an effort, this is very ambitious, but it can work and it will work, but only if we do the work. We must not defeat ourselves. We are humanity, we are capable of anything, and we can do this with ease. Bless yourselves.
My name is Richard. I live in the UK. You can email me on [email protected]. I have also set up a Facebook page where we can meet up and trade ideas. The address is:
[link to www.facebook.com (secure)]
Or search for 'Action against banks discussion group'.
Thank you. Peace be with you all.
Pictures (click to insert)
| | Next Page >>