Users Online Now: 2,154 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 515,163
Pageviews Today: 885,513Threads Today: 391Posts Today: 6,078
11:16 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject video shows- red light runner crashs into fleeing suspect in police pursuit!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message update- watch video on link around 1min mark is the crash. see the stop lights!!!

[link to abclocal.go.com]

I saw this on the news right after the crash. there was a camera angle that totally showed the corvette going thru a green light at a high rate of speed BUT the other car was speeding thru a RED LIGHT causing the crash!!!! and they are calling the red light runner a victim.

help me find this missing footage I'm 100% sure I saw. it's not ktla cam shot it was another source. all I can find is the ktla view of the crash it's self.

Authorities continued to investigate Saturday after a man who led police on a high-speed pursuit through Los Angeles for more than an hour Friday night died after crashing into another car and being shot by officers.

The chase began before 9:30 p.m. as sheriff's deputies pursued the silver Corvette for reckless driving, officials said.

"There was great concern that he was going to hurt someone severely," LAPD Lt. Andy Neiman said.

MORE: Infamous SoCal Police Chases

Deputies abandoned the chase and left a helicopter over the car as it sped through surface streets near Huntington Park in Cudahy. Minutes later, CHP officers began pursuing the driver as it drove with it lights off through neighborhoods.

The LAPD then picked up the pursuit, adding to the multitude of squad cars chasing the Corvette, which eventually turned its headlights back on as it sped through South Los Angeles.

By 10:30 p.m., the pursuit moved into downtown Los Angeles when the Corvette slammed into another car as it drove westbound through the intersection of South Los Angeles Street and East Olympic Boulevard.

"It did look like a very violent collision, very traumatic," Neiman said.

The second car sheared a fire hydrant after it was slammed into by the Corvette. The drivers of that car ran out of the car and were later taken to the hospital with non-life-threatening injuries, police said.

The Corvette slid and stopped, and the driver stumbled out of the car.

"The suspect got out of the vehicle and at that point, something occurred that prompted the officer-involved shooting," Neiman said.

Medics could be seen appearing to try to revive the suspect by performing CPR. His body was then taken from the scene. Police have confirmed to NBC4 that the suspect has died.

Neiman said that the officers involved in the shooting still need to be interviewed, and at this time, it is still early in the investigation.

NBC4's Mike Tauber contributed to this report.
[link to www.nbclosangeles.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP