Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 10 Jobs You Didn't Know Need Licenses
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Makeup Artist– "Makeup artists are licensed in 36 states which consistently require three to nine months of education and experience, two exams and an average of $116 in fees to get a license," Erickson said. "In several states, an exception is made for make-up artists working in theaters, while those in salons, spas or making house calls are required to be licensed."

Auctioneers– "Auctioneers are licensed in 33 states, with requirements varying from just a $15 fee in Hawaii to $650 in fees, two exams and over two years lost to education and an apprenticeship in Tennessee. Auctioneers are another occupation Michigan is considering deregulating," said Erickson.

Funeral Attendant– "Funeral attendants place caskets in the parlor, arrange the flowers around it and direct mourners, among other simple duties. They are only licensed in nine states, which on average require two days of training and $167 in fees," she said.

Interior Designer– "The four states that license interior designers require six years of education and apprenticeship," she said.

Travel Agent– "Despite the ease of booking travel over the Internet, eight states license travel agents who are charged fees ranging from $15 to $375 in order to obtain a license," said Erickson.

Shampooer– "Five states license shampooers who only shampoo and rinse customers’ hair in salons," Erickson said. "Tennessee has the most onerous requirements at 70 days of training, two exams and $140 in fees."

Florist– "Florists are only licensed in Louisiana, which requires them to pay $225 and pass an exam."

More...

[link to www.businessnewsdaily.com]

My chosen profession, which I have done for most of my life, was recently declared illegal to do in my home state without a license. Now if I am caught doing my job without a state issued licensed, I will be subject to fines and possibly jail.

America, land of the fee and home of the slave.

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP