Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Any guitar players on the board? Take a break from DOOM
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message A music lover's thread...

I bought a new baby today.

Schecter - Hellraiser C-1

[link to www.guitarcenter.com]

Finish: Black Cherry

Construction: Set Neck w/Ultra Access

Mahogany Body w/Quilted Maple Top

Neck: 3-pc Mahogany

Fingerboard: Rosewood

Frets: 24X Jumbo

Inlay: Abalone Gothic Crosses

Binding: Abalone

Tuners: Schecter Locking

Pickups: EMG Active 81tw/89

Electronics: Vol (tap)/Vol (tap)/Tone/3-Way Switch

Bridge: TonePros TOM w/Thru-Body

Scale: 25.5"

Hardware: Black Chrome

To say I'm excited would be an understatement.

I'm a very novice player. Started taking lessons due to my "mid-life crisis". I'm practicing two to four hours per day...more on weekends. I will master this art. Now, I have a sweet tool to help me along. I'm so pissed at myself for waiting so long to learn this skill.

I used to run long distances (10-20 miles) for "therapy". In my late teens and twenties, I ran 75 to 100 miles each week. I ran just about every morning, and every evening. Since my injury, I'm unable to run. About the best I can do now is a fast jog. Nothing has been able to fill that void...Nothing...Until now. Playing the guitar is even more therapeutic than the running.

Anyway...just wanted to share. Interested to hear from other players, if any, on the board. I like metal, hard rock, and sometimes a little blues.

Currently working on Dream Theater - Pull Me Under...one of my all time favorite songs. I want to be able to play the rhythm and lead.

Next up.....Slayer - Seasons In The Abyss

Accept - Princess of the Dawn (another one of my favorite songs ever - must learn this)

Love these guys - Ramstein - Keine Lust

And this - KAMELOT - March Of Mephisto

Pop Evil - Trenches

Deal With The Devil

IN THIS MOMENT - Adrenalize (Yes...I'm in love )

Avantasia - Angel of Babylon - Symphony of Life

The End Of Innocence - Symphony X (Simply Epic - If only I could sweep pick...soon, very soon)

Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP