Users Online Now: 2,329 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 830,134
Pageviews Today: 1,372,835Threads Today: 566Posts Today: 9,599
01:58 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject An open invitation to all Atheists. Proof of God's Existence.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Greetings.

An atheist is defined as a person who denies the existence of God/Deity.

First it is ironic to note that the very definition of Atheist presupposes that there is in fact a God to not believe in. I know, I know that is simply a trick of semantics.

Semantics as it turns out or language in general is at the crux of this issue. We are as humans somewhat trapped within a cage of words - I think Chomsky said something similar. Words are simply symbols of ideas and feelings - metaphors. At any rate we must be careful with how we define things.

To begin let's first talk about something that Atheists certainly do believe in and that is intelligence. Most of the atheists I have had the pleasure of knowing are highly intelligent folk.

I propose to prove the existence of "God" with an appeal to the inherent intelligence of the atheists reading this. I will go a step further by defining God as intelligence itself.

If we stop and think about the one common must-have attribute of God across all major religions it is first and foremost intelligence. Something cannot be a supreme architect of the universe without first being intelligent.

I do not aim to proselytize for any particular religion or dogma here. My aim is simply to prove the existence of a God or supreme intelligence which created and maintains the existence of everything.

If we are defining God as intelligence plus ultra we must then define intelligence. One can get lost in an existential mind fuck of sorts on this one and I intend to avoid that as it would be simply a diversion as are most complicated systems of thought -metaphor upon metaphor they drift farther away from the simple truth of things.

Intelligence I postulate is the existence of an awareness or consciousness as it were that has the ability to create or decode data into patterns or systems for a desired effect.

The opposite of intelligence is chaos. Random, incoherent data or systems that produce no discernible intented effect of any kind.

The way a tree grows is intelligent. It grows up towards the source of it's nourishment and every branch, although not symmetrical achieves an overall balance nonetheless. You don't see trees with branches all one one side which would cause the tree to be imbalanced. That is intelligence.

The geometrical pattern of honeycomb produced by bees is intelligence.

The distance of the sun from the Earth and the distance of the moon from Earth are so perfectly balanced that if either was off by a single degree life would not exist on this planet. That is intelligence.

The mathematical formula that is created by a spiral galaxy is the exact same formula for the spiral pattern from which the hair grows on top of your head. That is intelligence. That mathematical formula is known as the golden ratio and it is found everywhere in nature and in the known universe.

Now, if in fact everything proceeded from the "big bang" what we have is a large explosion which is a moment of pure chaos. How is it that from that we find mathematical proportions and patterns such as the golden ratio as the result of a random explosion? How can the math be the same in a spiral galaxy as it is on your head, in a nautilus shell, in the swirl of cream in your coffee?

To assert that all of that simply happened randomly over billions of years, that it's all just chance is to deny the very intellect that you are using to refute it. The intelligence is there for us to see. How it got there, who can know? What it wants from us, who can know?

The fact is that there is intelligence built into the universe and that intelligence must have been emitted from some kind of consciousness. That is God. Undeniable proof.

Good day.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP