Users Online Now: 2,203 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 725,512
Pageviews Today: 1,277,831Threads Today: 545Posts Today: 9,283
03:02 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject My aunt is being woo'd by a man she met online... Here's the story. Tell me what you think!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message My aunt hasn't had the best choice in men. She's in her 60's and wants to find love. She is kind hearted and trustworthy I just don't want her to get hurt.

She gets on Facebook and some guy from a 50's and older dating website messages her.
They've been talking for 3 weeks.
He claims that he is an engineer contractor? and has been in business almost 20 years.
She tells me he is already wanting to meet her family and is being "mushy" too soon. He tells her he doesn't want anything from her just companionship.
He says he's in Africa on business and when he comes back in a month he would like to plan a meeting.
Also, she has received 3 pictures from him.
I took a look at the pictures and it looks like they were taken off someone else's facebook.

She has been asking him for a picture but says he doesn't have any way of taking one because he doesn't have a phone.
To prove his identity to her, he gave her his "social security number".
He told her to verify it so she can see it's him.
Now, I'm no genius, but I do know that a SSN is very important.
I'd say any business man who has about 20+ of accounts and money would not just fork over a SSN to prove himself. That was a big RED flag to me. Anyone can dummy up a SSN.

I'm not sure. I've shared my opinion with her, but I don't want her to be so blindsided that she just falls for this guy who she's not even sure if his profile picture matches the person he's talking to.

Any advice on how to verify this guy??
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP