Users Online Now: 1,533 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 492,504
Pageviews Today: 642,207Threads Today: 196Posts Today: 2,669
05:41 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Remember The Days Of Valentines Day Candy? These Children Won't! Thanks Michelle Obama!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message [link to www.foxnews.com]
Remember your first school sweetheart? What did you give him or her on Valentine's Day?

Was it a homemade card with one of those small boxes of candy?

I always got one of those from one my little boy friends. If I were in school now I might get a pencil for art supplies.

I could look forward to a day of Valentines academic activities.

At Harwinton Consolidated School in Connecticut this is what is the plan for Valentine's Day.

Stacey Sefcik son's fourth grade teacher concelled the annual Valentines Day party for a day of academic activities.

It is hard to believe our children have to be the victims of politics in America. Could we not at least let them be children?______________________________

Her son’s fourth-grade teacher reiterated the candy ban in a letter to parents and even went so far as to cancel the annual Valentine’s Day party.

“With respect to this new policy, I am going to ask that no food be sent to school on Valentine’s Day,” the teacher wrote. “No snacks will be needed, and treat bags cannot be sent home in backpacks.”

The teacher said boys and girls could exchange cards, but advised they “will not be having a party.”

“I ask that you please respect this policy and do not send in any food items attached to the Valentine’s cards,” the teacher stressed.

I’m sure it’ll be one heck of a party – dancing the hokey pokey while gnawing on a fresh celery stalk. I hope nobody spikes the carrot juice.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP