Users Online Now: 2,121 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 717,210
Pageviews Today: 1,261,773Threads Today: 539Posts Today: 9,116
02:53 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ok, so I had a date scheduled with this very cute, sexy guy tonight and...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message i only know this guy as a social network friend of a friend of a friend. never met him in person. we get to talking and hit it off a good bit and he asks me out on a date. the guy lives like an hour and a half away from me.

anyway...
i don't usually go on blind dates. but he's good looking and talented and funny and we have shitloads of stuff in common. and i'm thinking why not? so I agree.

as he's on the highway, driving up to my town i said a little prayer over the whole thing. i asked God to bless the night, etc. and, since he is a complete stranger, i asked God for protection from danger, and if needed to place an obstacle in the way of the date if he is someone that i should not meet and spend time with. in other words, if for any reason we should not meet, please God, make sure it doesn't happen somehow, some way.

20 mins later i get a phone call that his car is broke down on the highway. it started losing power and when he tried to accelerate the car starting making a loud clicking noise so he pulled off to the side of the road. the car stalled and wont start. no engine lights, no smoke, no nothing. he's broke down like an hour away from me in some freak ass little town that i have never heard of out in the boonies.

so, i'm thinking to myself, should i go pick him up?
then it hit me - I just asked God to place an obstacle if he is not someone i should meet or spend time with.
he calls me back and says he got a tow truck coming and they're taking his car to the garage.

now i been talking to this guy on the phone and internet for like two weeks now. he seems ok.

so...
was it God? or coincidence?
would God really cause someone's car to break down to place an obstacle for us to meet?
should i take this as a sign to drop him like a hot potato?
or is that magical thinking and i'm being irrational?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP