Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Alec Baldwin, I've always liked you - in spite of your politics
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message And for awhile now, I have suspected that you are no longer a true "liberal progressive". In fact now that I have read your monologue, I dare say, you have some seriously libertarian leanings.

Welcome to the club, my friend. Everyone says things they regret in the heat of anger... I don't even have to forgive you for that -- in fact I applaud it, because it reassures me that you are a real person and not a Hollywood Robot.

[link to www.vulture.com]

While it is regrettable that your voice mail message to your daughter was made public, the fact that you were so angered by her attitudes was reassuring to me-- too many people give their kids the moon these days, and these same kids grow up entitled and disrespectful. This is one of the things that is wrong with this country from a generational, foundational point of view.

(less than 50%)

And in your monologue (link above) I liked what you had to say here:

Yes, I’m a human being. I always had big ambitions. I had dreams of running for office at some point in the next five years. In the pyramid of decision-making in New York City politics, rich people come first, unions second, and rank-and-file New Yorkers come dead last. I wanted to change that. I wanted to find a way to lower the cost of the city government and thus reduce New York’s shameful tax burden. I would have decentralized the schools. My father was a public-school teacher. He always told me that although you could encourage a child to work hard, you could only go so far; that half the goal had to be achieved at home.
 Quoting: Alec Baldwin

And I like what you said here:

Everything I hated about L.A. I’m beginning to crave. L.A. is a place where you live behind a gate, you get in a car, your interaction with the public is minimal. I used to hate that. But New York has changed. Manhattan is like Beverly Hills. And the soul of New York has moved to Brooklyn, where everything new and exciting seems to be. I have to accept that. I want my newest child to have as normal and decent a life as I can provide.

We allowed people privacy, we left them alone. And now we don’t leave each other alone. Now we live in a digital arena, like some Roman Colosseum, with our thumbs up or thumbs down.

I think America’s more fucked up now than it’s ever been. People are angry that in the game of musical chairs that is the U.S. economy, there are less seats at the table when the music stops. And at every recession, the music is stopping.

And I know everyone will like what you said here:

Even the U.S., which is so preposterously judgmental now. The heart, the arteries of the country are now clogged with hate. The fuel of American political life is hatred. Who would ever dream that Obama would deserve to be treated the way he has been?

and here:

And all for the electoral nullification that seems like a cancer on the American system.

and here:

It’s Hate Incorporated. But the liberals have taken the bait and run in the same direction—and it’s just as corrosive.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP