Users Online Now: 1,449 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 118,771
Pageviews Today: 207,985Threads Today: 88Posts Today: 1,493
02:05 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is technology "The straw that broke the camels back" , and has led to youth out of control.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message What happened to "respect your elders"? 1dunno1

Where did courtesy toward others and freely giving to those in need while away to?

Why do so many young individuals use foul abusive language in every other word that proceeds from their mouth?

What happened to being proud of what you accomplish and satisfied with what you have?

Everywhere I go, the younger generation is rampantly rushing headlong onto a downwardly spiraling destructive path. They are oblivious in the way they treat other people. This is true for their own family as it is for strangers.
Most of the teens I encounter today are highly selfish individuals. They often treat those that love them and support them with disdain and malice. Many are only interested in what is self serving and have grown to feel they have an entitlement everything including to acting the way they do. They lack compassion, morels, education and understanding they have no ambition and very little work ethic, if any ethics at all!

Where did all of this come from?

I have a theory or two.

I believe that it first began with the uptick in single mothers raising children who became latch key. It is NOT entirely the mom's fault however, as they were only doing what they could to manage. They worked and the kids came home from school and did what they wanted (if they even went).

Aside from that however, with technology, we gained convenience, through the use of portable phones, internet and such. But at what cost has that technology weighed on our society?
We have the knowledge to use such tech, but, can it be shown that we don't possess the wisdom? I think so.....

Consider this.

It used to be that kids didn't have the luxury of having their own phone, or their own computer. They actually had to use a phone that was physically located within the home. This in turn allowed parents at least a degree of control over how their children would use it, who they were talking to and such. Similar can be said with with computers.

Fast forward 30 years.

Now every kid has a mobile phone or access to one through friends. If not a phone, they have a wireless device which can tether hotspots. No longer are children restricted and it has become nearly impossible for them to be monitored by the parent. Taking a phone or computer privilege away is laughable to say the least. There is no longer a way to keep the activities of our children in the open. How wise has it been to give our children (who rarely possess a developed level of maturity)such powerful tools to be used at their whim?

Like I said, we have the knowledge, but at what point do we have to step back and admit that we lack the wisdom in allowing our children free reign of a technology that is likely silently destroying what was once a great nation through lack of parental control?

Inherently, kids lack the fundamental reasoning required to ensure that they don't abuse this mighty power they now hold unrestrained in their grasp. There is little or no regulation which compels them to embrace the former traditional values of respect, courtesy, honesty, etc. True, there are some kids who remain elevated above this bar, but more so, as time progresses....the technological wonders they wield have only served to strip the power away from those to whom it rightly belongs, which is the parents. The youth of today now have a power that no generation prior possesed.

To answer my questions above....

This in my opinion is but two of the reasons why much of the youth are the way they are today. They no longer have parental guidance as in past generations. They also now hold a power that is dangerous. It is this unchecked power and lack of guidance that likely will prove to be the destruction of the very thread of which our humanity was woven.
dynamite

Children have limits for a reason. An age for alcohol, an age for driving, an age for voting, but we allow them free reign for such technological items as a cell phone and computers? These adolescent individuals, who lack fundamental reasoning no longer have anyone to answer to, but instead, they create their own agenda.

Your thoughts? Am I just thinking too deeply on this?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP