Users Online Now: 2,027 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 394,187
Pageviews Today: 626,739Threads Today: 221Posts Today: 3,136
07:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What does it mean to take a stand?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message What does it mean to take a stand?
Do we truly believe that we are (in this day and age) constantly bombarded by a propaganda that is detrimental to the successful functioning of a society that embodies elements of which, we as free thinking individuals, are desirous?

As residents in said society, are we not influenced in the most subtle of ways thus leading even the most wary into becoming agents of the very system we hope to change?

What then is the proper (therefore resulting in a change for the common good) response of one who believes that a drastic change is imperative?

I believe it is not enough to simply find our own personal form of success and escape from the world, calling it "good enough."

Division and division related bias are the tools of our common enemy. We are engaged in a class war the likes of which has never been seen before in this world. Regardless of our own personal level of awareness, we are ALL pawns to the system in one form or another, including myself.

The following is a list of current agendas to which we fall prey, despite the best intentions of being agents for positive change, and even the most well meaning of us evidence examples of this in our interactions with other people and even more so on internet interactions where we have courage-making ability to "say" whatever we choose while being safe in the anonimity of social interactions which are conducted without the accountability of a face to face dialogue.

Perceptions of the merits or the lack thereof of peoples of other: races
ethnicities
religions
moral values
intelligence
cultural beliefs
financial capabilities (and the judgements of individuals based on said financial status)

This is by no means a complete list, however, one gets the idea of what I am trying to convey.
Am I then advocating a blanket acceptance and therefore agreement with anyone regardless of their attributes, actions or beliefs?

No!

Rather I suggest a course of personal accountability in which one examines first their own personal belief system outside of the onslaught of propaganda to which we are all exposed, and then (and only then) finding a way of making a rational stand of personal integrity instead of jumping on the different mob-mentality bandwagons which are so prevalent these days.
I do not say any of this with the idea that I hold any kind of moral high ground. I fall prey to these divisive agendas the same as anyone else. At times I am infuriated to the point of irrationality by the complete and utter injustices that TPTB are foisting upon us on a daily basis.

My point in writing this therefore is not to admonish anyone, but rather to plead with those who truly believe that they, too, are meant to be more than pawns in the worldwide game of thrones which is currently playing out. It is not my place to suggest a specific course of action to anyone; we all come from a variety of backgrounds and have dissimilar views on what the means to the end of true freedom should entail. Instead I only ask that we all take a step back from the barrage of outside influences and make rational and compassionate choices to effect positive changes in this world.

We will still find ourselves divided into groups based upon the issues listed above. That is the nature of humankind. We do not, however have to keep allowing ourselves to be puppets of a system that is bent on enslaving us.

God bless, and may these words that I have attempted to put into some semblance of coherence be of some small assistance as we all strive to make sense of the world in which we live.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP