Users Online Now: 2,423 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,424,820
Pageviews Today: 2,378,893Threads Today: 953Posts Today: 16,967
10:11 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Calling all legaltards!!! I need some advice....please!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Short and simple. I work for a restaurant (gas fryers) that require the exhaust fans to be on at all times while the fryer(s) are in operation.

On Jun 8th the exhaust fan bearing went out and the fan became inoperatable. It remained so until yesterday, jun 24th.

Of these 16 days I worked in smoked filled conditions as a "lead cook" (no, I am not a manager), just a cook.

I have suffered heat exhaustion, smoke inhalation, and cramps beyond belief for the last two weeks. Shortness of breath, and many other health problems directly related to the failure to comply with OSHA standards.

I filed a workers comp claim with my employer and they are slow walking me thru the process.

Today I travelled 65 miles to see a doctor of their choice and once there was told the proper phone numbers for verifying my claim was not in place.

Two hours later a woman called my home saying she was with the Workers Comp. company. She grilled me over when the exhaust fan went out, when I complained of it not working, and when I started to noticed health effects because it was not working.

I told her this:

1) The exhaust fan was inoperable on Jun. 8th.
2) I noticed it was a problem immediately.
3) I told my general manager about the problem immediately.

My general manager called the local general "problem solver" we most generally use...; cost to repair...a bit over $2000.00. My boss calls her boss and ... yeah...a dude says he can fix it for a lot less.

16 days later it's fixed.

On the vent hood of these fryers it states on an OSHA tag: VENT HOOD MUST BE ON BEFORE APPLIANCES are turned on.

I've been "googling" my butt off but have yet to find compliance codes for Captain D's in Alabama....(yes, I make 8.65 an hour) and I'm tired of being treated like a lab rat.

Legaltards.....show me the way to victory....please.

God Bless GLP......

Razorbackkid
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP