Users Online Now: 1,277 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 322,473
Pageviews Today: 422,273Threads Today: 140Posts Today: 1,592
03:39 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Outpouring of Support Should Go To Human Ebola Victims, Not To Nurse Pham's Dog
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message This woman is right on --it's disgraceful to spend so much money to save a DOG, when that money could have been better spent to help those in West Africa -- HUMANS who are dying!

Euthanize the damned dog -- then the thousands of dollars that were wasted on quaratining it and testing could have been used to treat people in Africa who desperately need are help.

People come first before animals!

[link to www.thedenverchannel.com]

Outpouring of support should go to Ebola victims, not nurse's dog
Forget the dog, focus on the victims.
Andrea Seabrook
11:46 AM, Oct 21, 2014

Please believe me, I love my two dogs, Sadie and Chauncey. They light-up my family’s life every day.

But if I get Ebola -- or any other ravaging, disastrous, and ultimately headline-grabbing illness -- please, please don’t worry about my dogs.

snip

On the other hand, when Dallas nurse Nina Pham contracted Ebola, Americans rushed to act, setting up a donation fund and a new health partnership in Dallas -- not for Pham, but for “Bentley,” her Cavalier King Charles Spaniel.

snip

To some this is a sign of our tenderness, of America’s big heart. But to me it betrays something darker about ourselves: our blindness to the suffering of poor people, far away, our heliocentric ego and our seeming inability to prioritize the health of human beings in West Africa, in true danger of losing their families and villages to this scourge, over the health of one American patient’s dog.

snip
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP