Users Online Now: 2,050 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,003,655
Pageviews Today: 1,796,336Threads Today: 774Posts Today: 13,720
08:21 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject If you're going to get Ebola, NOW is the best time!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Call me crazy but it seems pretty clear that Ebola is curable.
Most people who get Ebola usually die from dehydration. As long as the patient's fluids are monitored and they are kept hydrated their chances for survival skyrocket.

What it comes down to is everyone that gets Ebola eventually create antibodies that can defeat the virus. Unfortunately it's usually too late and the people succumb from dehydration before the antibodies can do their job.

Getting Dr. Brantley's plasma basically gives the patient a superdose of antibodies that can beat down on the Ebola. Being in first world health conditions allows the doctors and nurses to monitor the patient and keep him/her hydrated and healthy enough to allow the antibodies to kill the Ebola.

Now for my point... If I get Ebola, I hope it's sooner rather than later. I imagine my chance of survival would be much greater than it will be 3 months from now.

We're getting so many survivors NOW because our hospitals aren't overrun.
With zero flight restrictions how long will it be before our "first world" hospitals can't keep up with the influx of patients? How long until instead of 10 nurses to each Ebola patients it becomes 1 nurse for each 10 Ebola patients??
How long until there's a shortage on Saline and other fluids to keep the patients hydrated? If I recall correctly last year there was a major shortage of saline.

Obviously I'd much rather not get Ebola at all but it kinda makes you think.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP