Users Online Now: 2,010 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 721,994
Pageviews Today: 1,271,365Threads Today: 541Posts Today: 9,213
02:59 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Ax attack in NYC..... How did GLP miss this??? Eye witness... Thompson was chasing his girlfriend with hatchet after argument. Not Terrorism!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Just the other day I noticed the story of the ax attack in New York in one of the papers here in Mindanao. The headline read: Police responding to assault in NYC attacked by man with ax. It barely caught my attention, however; had I known the story was going to change so dramatically I would have bought a paper.

This event is proof that their is an anti-Islam agenda in the US and that the government (at least the New York Government in this case) creates lies to promote it. Look how the story was originally reported by the local ABC station in the video at this link. [link to 7online.com]

The reporter says that it started as an argument between a woman and his girlfriend. The eye witness interviewed later says that "the man was chasing his girlfriend with a "sledge hammer", the cops saw him and the man hit the policeman with the hammer."

I tried to find some support for this angle and was only able to find this so far:

A hatchet-wielding man was shot dead and four NYPD officers, plus a bystander, are injured after police responded to an assault in Jamaica Queens.

Police were responding to a dispute between the man and a woman, the Post reports

“The cops yelled ‘Drop it!’” said rattled eyewitness Larry Bethune, 44, of Hollis, Queens, recalling the moment the psycho pulled a small hatchet from his jacket.

“And he lunged at one of them,” the witness remembered. “He raised his arm up high and brought it straight down on the cop’s head.

“The cop went down to the ground, face first. It was horrible. I’ve never seen anything like that on Jamaica Avenue,” he added. “The cop’s just lying there with blood pouring down his face. He didn’t move.”

[link to gothamist.com]

As you can see, it is totally different than what is being reported today.

"Security video and witness accounts appeared to leave no doubt that Thompson purposely targeted four rookie New York Police Department officers who were in uniform and on foot patrol in a bustling Queens commercial district.

Moments before the attack, the bearded suspect was seen on a street corner crouching down to pull the hatchet out of backpack before he charged the officers and began swinging the hatchet with a two-handed grip, police said.

At the time, the officers were posing for a photo for a passerby. Without a word, Thompson swung at an officer who blocked the blow with his arm, police said. Another officer was hit in the back of the head and fell to the ground."

[link to www.washingtonpost.com]

As you know, this is all that is being reported now. The police were posing for a picture when this occurred and the man, unprovoked, came charging at them with hatched in hand. A brief video clip has been released that clearly shows the man running with the hatched in hand, but this brief clip would support both accounts. Was he chasing his girlfriend as the witness stated or was he running at the officers with the sole intent of attacking them? It would be interesting to see all of the video to see if a woman ran by prior to what is shown.

Look at the man walking in the direction Thompson is coming from. Initially he is looking back, turns forward, looks back again after Thompson passes. Could there have been someone running ahead of him? I think so so. I have a hard time believing that an eyewitness would make up a story like the one in the original news report. Also the reporter said that other witnesses saw the encounter with the woman. Certainly there is more video out there that will clear things up for sure.

All the news reports I am seeing today say that surveillance video shows the man getting the hatchet out of his bag. Why have they not shared this yet? Would that no be just as important as the video of him running with the hatchet? That would certainly make it look like the police were the intended target. Why release one without the other? Maybe because it shows him arguing with a woman and that would make this look like a domestic dispute rather than a terror incident? Maybe they have people editing the woman out at this time and they will release it in the future. Regardless, the complete story is obviously not being told to support the terrorist agenda.

Ironically earlier in the same day as the attack, Rep. Peter King (R-NY) was pushing an idea to monitor all Muslims in the US following the shooting incident in Canada. He also made this comment:

“We have to monitor what’s happening in those communities and we have to be quick to call it terrorism.

[link to www.mediaite.com]

They certainly didn't waste any time calling this incident a terrorist attack and they are not telling the complete story in order to push it.

With all the great minds here on GLP, surly I am not the only one who caught this.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP