Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A pretty little ditty
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I read this one time. I disagree with parts...

"i think the tone of voice is something you have no real control over. it's a physical limitation of the way you're put together. however, to a certain extent, it's not what you say but the way that you say it. so, conversely, if you've no real control over the way that you say things, it's possibly best to be very careful about what you say. as such, if you know that a certain phraseology gets a reaction, that something you should avoid.

now, it's true that NTs react intuitively rather than deductively as aspies do. and that's really the biggest difference between NTs and aspies. so, yes, it's difficult for an NT to suspend the way they react to social interaction. but that doesn't stop them doing a double-take and thinking whether their intuitive reaction was appropriate or whether there might be a better deductive reaction. however, this is all the more difficult if the issue is a personal one, because then the ego gets involved and clouds the issue.

now, i actually have a fair bit of personal experience of this, because my special friend has what i believe to be schizophrenia, and that combined with my aspie literalism can be a bit of a volatile cocktail at times. our relationship has actually hit the rocks twice over misunderstandings between us. and what i think i've learn from this is simply that in a truly loving relationship you put the other person first. you seem to me to be coming second, because he does seem to be using this issue as a stick to beat you with.

i have a golden rule: i never ask anything of my special friend. i only ever love and care for her as best i can. to me, that's what true love is really about."

It sounds nice.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP