Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Eleventh Hour Of The Eleventh Day Of The Eleventh Month
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Armistice Day (which coincides with Remembrance Day and Veterans Day, public holidays) is commemorated every year on 11 November to mark the armistice signed between the Allies of World War I and Germany at Compiègne, France, for the cessation of hostilities on the Western Front of World War I, which took effect at eleven o'clock in the morning—the "eleventh hour of the eleventh day of the eleventh month" of 1918. While this official date to mark the end of the war reflects the ceasefire on the Western Front, hostilities continued in other regions, especially across the former Russian Empire and in parts of the old Ottoman Empire. [link to en.wikipedia.org (secure)]

"To man's blind indifference to his fellow man
To a whole generation who were butchered and damned"

"Now Willy McBride I can't help wonder why
Do those that lie here know why did they die?
And did they believe when they answered the call
Did they really believe that this war could end war?
Oh the sorrow, the suffering, the glory, the pain
The killing and dying it was all done in vain
For young Willy McBride oh it happened again
And again, and again, and again, and again"
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP