Users Online Now: 1,956 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 977,555
Pageviews Today: 1,745,662Threads Today: 745Posts Today: 13,303
07:47 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Should toy guns be banned to protect innocent children from police brutality?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Toy manufacturers have come a long way in the past couple of decades to make toy guns easily and readily distinguishable from actual, functioning guns.

This hasn't stopped cops from habitually killing people - often children or minors - simply for possessing toy guns, or virtually harmless facsimile guns like Airsoft and BB guns - and GETTING AWAY WITH IT.

In this most recent case, the following is true, and there is audio of the 9-1-1 call at the source link:

"he person who called 911 on the boy CLEARLY WARNED the dispatcher that the child’s toy gun was “fake.” Despite this warning, police shot and killed the boy. Listen to the audio below."

[link to filmingcops.com]

Now, let's presume that someone was carrying a REAL gun, openly and in public. I mean, this is a Constitutionally protected American right.

Yet we are constantly hearing about people dying because they are carrying a gun or believed to be carrying a gun.

Clearly, law enforcement has no interest in upholding the Constitution or NOT shooting our children.

It has been demonstrated repeatedly.

So what are parents to do?

I personally don't allow my kids to play with toy guns - I consider them something of a bull's eye on children, an open invitation to be shot by trigger-happy cops.

And my kids know how to shoot - we take our AR and our .22 to the range quite often, they are good.

But I don't feel as though they are safe in any public area with any kind of weapon on their person - I would hate for them to become the next statistic.

So what's the solution?

Do we ban toy guns to alleviate confusion?

Or do we start holding law enforcement criminally liable for their murderous, Constitution-violating way of conducting their 'business'?

I am not holding my breath for cops to garner some humanity and some impulse control - hence the reason MY children don't play with toy guns.

I doubt they will ever openly carry, either.

It seems to invite trouble, despite its Constitutionality and legality.

They'll probably follow in mom's footsteps and get their enhanced concealed carry permit and strap themselves with a couple of strategic holsters.

Of course, that doesn't do anything to protect you from cops trained to shoot to kill at the first sight or suspicion of a person carrying a weapon. I mean, they figure even if they're in the wrong they get paid vacation and the city/state will settle with the dead's family for a large, undisclosed sum.

Those permits don't protect you from a bullet if a cop has a twitchy finger.

Personally, I think they government is using the cops to scare people away from arming themselves, as the Constitution doesn't allow the government to prohibit it.

Enough bodies pile up, though, and people will start thinking twice.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP