Users Online Now: 2,465 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,808,947
Pageviews Today: 2,504,099Threads Today: 613Posts Today: 11,615
07:19 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject A conspiracy within the conspiracy; was the recent GLP attack more than spam?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message As most regular browsers of this forum know, the site kinda freaked out a few nights back. The forum was flooded with fifty to sixty pages (at least...) of spam bot-style posts of numerical titles, along with some popular hacker catchphrases. There were many posts, but none of them really said anything noteworthy. Repeated phrases or randomized digit strings. There was also a point where the forum was opening with strictly posts from 2011. Only for a couple of moments, but I found that particularly interesting.

I'm a regular viewer but don't post too much. This site is truly an entrenching news source (if you can filter out the STRICTLY hate agenda based posts - which have been especially high lately) that offers a truly ground level stream of information. For example: one night a few months ago, cruising on a highway home, I see a really enormous and bright shooting star. Get home. Check AMS, locate the event. Come here, immediately am able to find a few posts with a bunch of people who saw what I did. This is about an hour or two later. That's instant gratification right there, and a wonderful thing.

Anyhow, I accessed the site with a smart phone the night the "spam attack" happened. Someone recently gave the phone to me, I'm not a big fan of them (too distracting), but it can be useful. When I clicked the pages of posts (to move from page one to page two) on the forum in the browser, my smartphone immediately opened up the "Phone" App with:
+12345678910
dialed. I googled that number, and it seems to be tied to Skype/VoIP... and additionally frauds, haha.

Is there a "skype dial" link somewhere on the main site? I don't see one.

Ever since then, when I access the site on the phone, the browser screen is all glitchy in the forum. The device itself has also slowed down. Now my computer is at a strange crawling pace.

Anyone have similar experiences, or have any input? Or am I being overly paranoid?
bonghit

A conspiracy within the conspiracies.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP