Users Online Now: 1,707 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 737,272
Pageviews Today: 1,581,819Threads Today: 763Posts Today: 13,572
08:34 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Thank you for the upgrade & here is my Story!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I hope you will see this! I could not send you a PM. I needed to say thank you!! You are a kind person. I am just so happy! You made my day :) there are truly Angels among us. {{{Big Hugs}}}}
I am a very recent amputee who has been struggling emotionally, mentally, and unfortunately finacially. We were unable to provide our children (16&13) with a Christmas this year. My husband has had to take a lot of time off to take care of me. So that has meant no money is coming in and the money that we did have saved was drained due to my medical needs (medication, food, unbelievable parking expenses at the hospital, gas back and fourth to the hospital that is over an hour away!). My husband will be going back to work tomorrow, so hopefully things will get a little better in that department, but we have to do some catching up. Bills are a tad late this month. 2 weeks off puts us a month behind! Enough of that!
My recovery has been hard, so much pain, I kept saying I rather birth an elephant than go through a below the knee amputation ever again. Before the amputation I had over ten surgeries in a span of six years. Everything from screws out in and out, ankle scope, ankle replacement and fusion. After my last surgery I develop an infection in my ankle replacement and my doctor gave me the choice of redoing the replacement, complete fusion off all the bones which would also require cadaver bone, or amputation. After countless talks with my husband and doctor we opted for amputation. I just knew if I chose the other options I would never get my life back. A life of no mobility and pain meds just doesn't sound appealing! I want to RUN again, surf, and play with all the other moms in the annual powderpuff football game that my son's football league puts on! This pain is only temporary! I will prevail. I will accomplish my goals! I know it is going to be a cake walk. I will have my ups & downs, but the end result will be so worth it!! My insurance is not that great and will not cover a running leg, so I must raise money for it and associated costs. I want to do so many things again and a basic walking leg will not do. If you would like to donate, words of encouragement or just want to follow my progress please email me & I will send you the link!!
Again thank you so much to Myst_Wolfsong!! Big hugs to you & take care!! Thank you everyone else for reading!!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP