Users Online Now: 2,269 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,477,550
Pageviews Today: 2,136,446Threads Today: 590Posts Today: 11,637
05:18 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject has anyone had the honor to sit and chat with ww2 veterans?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I remember siting and chatting with my grandfather about ww2 and he always had a tale of his fellow brothers in arms and left zero respect for himself. As a kid you kinda tune in and out when it comes to war hero stuff. When I served and got out unfortunately he had past away. But a trip too the v.a. had a couple there, I listened while they talked and it was along the same lines as my grandfather more about the man beside them then themselves. I know everyone has their own views on war but it was pretty clear that all of them after many decades still felt at ease with their decisions and took pride in doing what they felt was what was right. Let's face it..These men saw and did some shit many would run the hell away from nowadays. I firmly believe that should situations like they faced back then rear it's head tomorrow, there wouldn't be a chance in hell Americans would show that grit again. More fascinating to me than the blood and guts junk were The stories I've heard with their views of the war effort at home and how proud of them they were.. struggling to win that war,drastically changing Industry and basic way of life to make sure the Allied forces pulled through. The way they talked about how people pulled together to see to it victory was acchieved.. to be honest, in current days sounds alien, and impossible task to achieve currently. I think this has more to do with complete and utter distrust of the government's agenda more than the people. Take a look at how glossed over we get about foreign operations now. Majority of people have no clue there's anything going on and when they hear about it they respond with...oh well nothing new, or why are we fighting other people's wars..almost a complete lack of care. Also playing a role is the fact that it's not here in their face, it doesn't effect them in a day to day style. Jaded to it all...As long as it doesn't interfere with social media or their playstation network then it's no biggie. This is why I believe we are in trouble. Sure you have the gun toting right wingers like myself that could hold their own but most people are so busy on social media that they are unreachable outside of that environment. Banding these people together to handle something as big as a world war would be like herding cats..it's the government's job excuses will fill the air. I don't expect to change any of this with this post or even a few chats I'm just ranting a bit hoping more or at least some people are in tune with this line of thinking, that it is something that needs to change a bit and not be so self absorbed that our neighbors get blown up and we are on twitter saying OMG big boom next to my house what should I do #cray
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP