Users Online Now: 2,176 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 934,502
Pageviews Today: 1,557,489Threads Today: 631Posts Today: 11,133
03:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject POLL: Wife asks me tonight, "What if Christmas 'thank you' cards really said what we thought?"
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message And we came up with this letter that we will never ever send...

Dear Dad, Thank you for the fluffy blankets and pillows you gave to our daughters. If it's the thought that counts, in the Spirit of the Season our kids were very generous and regifted them to their teenaged friends who haven't stopped living in lilac and pink "little girl" rooms.

We also appreciated the workbench from Harbor Freight and gave it to our eldest's boyfriend. He will love it until a potmetal carriage bolt shears off from day to day usage and he has to throw it away. The 2XL neon glow hoodies from your brother would have been nice if my children were boys. These also were appreciated by the boyfriend.

My mother-in-law on my wife's side is now enjoying the faux Adirondack rocker chair from Harbor Freight. It's wide enough to fit her butt, and heavy enough it stays on the ground when she stands up. I'm not sure where she'll find replacement screws though once it begins to fall apart. She doesn't have a Harbor Freight in her town.

Though I don't put out Christmas lights, thank you for the waterproof extension cord connector covers. I'll most likely just throw those away, unless someone takes them at the New Years Eve party.

All in all, we appreciate your gifts this year. It kept us from having to think too much about what we were going to give to those on our B List. I'm already looking forward to the Faded Glory longsleeve shirt and Rustler jeans I'll be receiving for my birthday in July. I hear they're on sale now at WalMart. Flannel is my absolute favorite for Independence Day.

Best regards,
Your Son.

Ready to write your letter?

poorjohnny
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP