Users Online Now: 2,344 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 592,907
Pageviews Today: 1,026,879Threads Today: 429Posts Today: 7,220
12:36 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject What if the Criminal Elite Somehow Know the Truth About an Afterlife?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message And that's why they feel empowered to practice so many extreme evils: genocide, assassinations, lying, exploiting, killing, warring, etc. killing millions and destroying the lives of billions, of animals, humans, destruction to the earth, etc., for centuries upon centuries.

What if THEY have known something with absolute certainty what the afterlife (if any) is like ever since, say, ancient Sumer - for example, there is no afterlife, there's no punishment in the afterlife, everybody goes to heaven regardless, etc.

I take no stance one way or another. I simply don't know. But what if THEY do KNOW for certain some truth and that truth has been passed down the ruling classes' family lines since the beginning? What if that's the real esoteric knowledge and all other mystery religions or "secret" knowledge serve only to distract us?

If a greedy and powerful individual or group knew for sure there is no afterlife, or you go to a heaven regardless and there's no punishment, why wouldn't said individual or group do whatever they want to acquire riches and power - in this world - despite the suffering they leave behind?

Granted, a lot of evil behavior can be attributed to some sort of organic brain disorder, criminal psychopathy, interbreeding craziness, personality disorders, even syphilis, (not that any of that excuses it; those people are defective and need to withdrawn from society one way or another), but what about the people who know better yet still commit such horrible crimes regardless?

Please note: I am in no way saying that one needs a religion to know right from wrong (I'm agnostic myself). But the possibility of burning in hot excrement for eternity would be a pretty big deterrent to me if I thought it would be a good idea to hurt others on such a colossal scale that we have seen throughout history.

These are the kind of thoughts that kept me out of the really good schools. -George Carlin
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP