Users Online Now: 2,048 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,082,876
Pageviews Today: 1,979,174Threads Today: 670Posts Today: 14,666
07:07 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject OMG: Texas Tornadoes = Very Weird!!!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message NOTE: I also posted my observations on page 2 at the 4/24/2015 Thread titled:

"Warning ///!\\\ Dallas, Texas residents, a huge TORNADO will strike your city with devastating fury, later tonight, be aware and listen to the news"

Thread: Warning ///!\\\ Dallas, Texas residents, a huge TORNADO will strike your city with devasting fury, later tonight, be aware and listen to the news

Please note that there are several threads going right now (besides the one listed above) documenting the current extreme (super-severe) weather situation unfolding in North-Central Texas around the DFW Metroplex region (Dallas-Fort Worth).

I don't have time to give background info due to the current crisis but here's what I am hearing on TV news doing live coverage + several scanners that are tuned into local emergency services + RACES SKYWARN frequencies so please bear with me here as we can do catch up later on the other details.

The current large & dangerous Tornado that is south of Ft Worth & located in Johnson County is doing some very strange stuff per the live coverage on NBC-5 TV Station in Dallas.

My location is far western side of Tarrant County near Parker County border (to west) & I see very crazy lightning off to the south from here with thunder too but nothing severe here at this time.

First, that particular storm cell has slowed down to what appears to be almost a complete stop on radar -- it had been moving from west to east) but now that storm cell looks like it not moving much at all!!! Yet, as far as they know (Weather Reporters), the Tornado is still spinning on the ground & creating terrible damage in an area/community called RIO VISTA....(southern part of Johnson County) and here's where it gets really weird!

The news reporter said that there are reports that this Tornado may now be going like backwards >> "like in a big circle maybe (he didn't seem to sure) as there have been reports coming in past 10-15 minutes of the tornado seems to be hitting areas where it had already passed through!!

I sincerely hope there are others here in DFW that can confirm that my understanding of this situation, as being reported, is accurate according to what they are saying on the Channel 5 TV news.

There is more, much more, as there has been lots of very strange stuff happening around here today -- but it will have to wait till later!

More to come......

This below is what I posted on thread that I listed at top:

QUOTING SELF:

=========================

"Now there is very terrible situation taking place just to the south/southwest of the Dallas area ("DFW Metroplex" is what this region is called in media( with a large Tornado that has been moving towards the east for over 30 minutes or longer now.

BREAKING PER CHANNEL 5 NBC DALLAS, TEXAS 10:20 PM CDT:
Confirmation that the same tornado on the ground in Johnson County (south of Tarrant) has now been seen by a spotter; it is still on the ground and located 3 miles west of the town of RIO VISTA (a small farming community that is south of the larger town >Cleburne<.

It is very hard to see tornadoes in the darkness and even more so with heavy rains & hail surrounding the circulation area... the spotters must use the moments when there is lightening to scan the horizon & clouds. The spotters also observe for signs like power flashes from electric transformers to help mark the path of the tornado as it crosses the land.

Also, there actually was a very severe storm approaching Fort Worth (western half of Tarrant County) about an hour ago; it was moving eastwards (slowly) from Parker County (city of Weatherford then Aledo). That storm suddenly split and became two separate cells (one = northern & other one more southern)> it was apparently split by some type of technology (microwave plasma heating/HAARP or ????) that has being used for some time to prevent very damaging storms from entering into the highly populated regions of the 2 cities that are in a direct line (west to east) from each other along I-30.

NOTE: This information may be posted on other threads here &/or other forums too.... "
------------------------------
END QUOTE
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP