Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Sunscreen school policy I need advice I'm pissed
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm honestly sooo pissed!
My son goes to a small private school in WA, he is in second grade.
I was just informed that the school's policy is "no sunscreen/no play in the sun".
My son is made to stay in a tiny corner of the playground that provides shade for every recess, just because I refuse to put sunscreen on him.
I've already explained that he suffers from eczema and the last year haves and I will not put anything on him. I don't even use soap. Nothing....
First of all our kids are so low on vit D that they need some sun exposure, second we are not on the equator for god's sake, we are in the Northern WA, you can barely get enough sun if you expose your whole naked body to it. The only naked parts on my son are his face, hands and bellow the knees.
This is just retarded.
Don't you hate it when the school tries to be the parent?

This resembles to the T how we were treated during the communism.

I emailed his teacher and that's her reply:
"Yes, you may send your own sunscreen. It needs to have a manufacturer's label showing the SPF. Our licensing policy prohibits us from allowing kids to play in the sun without sunscreen. If you have any further questions, please contact..."

Any help is greatly appreciated!
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP