Users Online Now: 1,360 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 221,403
Pageviews Today: 391,624Threads Today: 199Posts Today: 2,848
04:36 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Supernatural / paranormal happenings caught on paper...? (w/pics)
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I've shared this piece a couple of times over the years, but haven't discussed it in detail. It is one of the strangest, and most peculiar things that has ever happened to me, and it will probably always amaze me.

For starters, I can't draw for shit, and yes, I mean with pencil and paper. I'm completely terrible at it, and I never do it.

One afternoon as I was cleaning up, my daughter left a piece of paper with a few colored marks on it which bled through to the other side. I had some strange desire to draw something on it instead of simply throwing it away, but I wasn't sure what.

I flipped over the paper and scribbled on it with the nearest implement (a gray oil pastel) very rapidly for maybe ...5-7 seconds. Essentially, I was just letting my hand move rapidly around the paper, holding an empty gaze, and not trying to focus on anything but making sure that my hand was over that paper.

After those few seconds, I stepped back and this was impressed upon the sheet:

crowley-sketch

(The original on paper is much lighter; the above scanned image is "normalized" to bring out a lot of extra detail.)

Needless to say, I was pretty fucking shocked when I actually looked at what I had "drawn" ...because I hadn't "drawn" anything at all!

If it wasn't enough to have that staring back at me, I was shocked yet again when I later stumbled on an image that looked vaguely familiar to the "drawing..."

crowley-pipe

I was aware of a term for a "phenomenon" that seems almost exactly like what transpired to create my own sketch, and it was coined "automatic drawing."

There was an old artist / occultist named Austin Osman Spare who was fairly well-known for work utilizing the "technique." [link to en.wikipedia.org] Salvador Dali was also known for it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP