Users Online Now: 2,018 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 791,691
Pageviews Today: 1,398,143Threads Today: 590Posts Today: 10,245
04:13 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject The Greek actually have the best method for quitting smoking because it leads to the truth - we can rewire our own minds NLP
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I was in Greece 20 years ago.

Thread: I was in Greece 20 years ago.

One of the awesome things that I discovered there are begleria... well I pronounce them bacledi which is more guttural for the Greek accent, anyway begleria are awesome!

They are like little numbchucks that you spin around in a certain way.

I actually started a company in 2000 that began exploring the production and marketing of begleria in the United States.

The begleria actually has a lot to do with my side projects in the last 20 years. I started a company based on it. I studied Religious Studies and Business and now I am studying engineering all really in a way to see if I can create a business surrounding this thing but I am like a catapillar chasing a cat sometimes lol

Anyway I decided I wanted to try to give it a little exposure today not as a solicitation really because I do not have the machinery in motion anyway but as an introduction of a helpful and fun toy.

GLP you ought to know that the Greeks have a really terrific device to help people quit smoking.

Here is some youtube of it.

That very first one was pretty much the trick I was shown and than you can pretty much find new stuff from there going between all the fingers and stuff and find your own style.freestyler shit I just leaned a new trick watching this video :)

It is basically a couple of beads on a piece of leather that you twirl around.

It is based on the Greek Komboloi which is actually a repurposed Islamic Komboloi that does not pray to any God but rather is ... well I guess there is perhaps a selfishness to it maybe a little magic... you could use it to count prayers but for the Greek it is a companion and it is totally Greek. From my perspective I see it as a spoils of war with the Ottomans.

The bacledi is sort of the younger version.

Instead of smoking you should bacledi. Keep your bacledi in your pocket and think about not smoking often. Soon there are even visualizations and NLP that will help you quit smoking. Substituting the bacledi for the cigarette is an important step that can help you on the path to quitting smoking.

I picked up cigarettes in 1995 when I was in Greece because I couldn't find any marijuana anywhere.

My homestay companion put a bacledi in my hands and showed me how to use it and told me to quit smoking.

I smoked for about 12 years. I bacledied the whole time too. In fact I became quite good. ha ha I think it helped me find my ultimate freedom from smoking though. It helped lead me to find NLP which in combination with my bacledi and other trainings (physical/mental) I was able to understand how to rewire my mind using visualization and words to associate a physical manifestation.

I did a research paper on Philip Morris for a class once. I went to the library and I checked out everything on smoking including the children's section.

Go and check out all the children's literature on smoking. Look at all those pictures. If you can still smoke a cigarette while looking at that shit then you need to focus on bridging your mind and body connection. The bacledi will help you as will other methods of which I encourage all.

I couldn't smoke for two days after I exposed myself to those pictures.

Okay, so now you armed.

Everytime you smoke everytime you take a drag I want you to visualize/imagine in your minds eye one of those pictures and tell yourself - say-, "THIS IS SO BAD FOR ME." "THIS IS GOING TO HURT ME." "THIS IS SO UNHEALTHY." "THIS MAKES ME FEEL AWEFUL." "I NEED TO GET AWAY FROM THIS."

say one of those with every drag for and start to associate your bad feelings for the cigarette and realize how it really makes you feel.

I finally was not able to take another drag. Its been 8 years and I still cannot take a single drag without wanting to wretch.

I can still smoke pot though. I had a counselor once ask me if I would do my NLP on Pot. And I told him NO WAY. See to me Pot is healthy even medically beneficial while The tobacco out there today is a real killer, and sucks as a nicotine delivery system but nicotine sucks. It fucks with your emotions. I'm sure more than one divorce in this world is the result of one nic fit picking on another.

I hope this helps someone to quit smoking. Please discuss and ask questions. hf
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP