Users Online Now: 2,281 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,403,203
Pageviews Today: 2,342,498Threads Today: 931Posts Today: 16,681
09:55 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Anyone have veneers? I realized my front teeth are wearing down with age
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Does anyone have veneers? Do you like them?

So far, I have taken pretty good care of myself. In my early to mid 30's and try to stay healthy. Recently I have noticed my teeth need a little attention.

Amazingly, perfectly straight teeth run in my family, but I also think soft teeth run in my family. When I was a teenager, my mom came to me one night with her front tooth in her hand and said it just broke off when she was biting on something! eek! I had horrible teeth as a child and still have many fillings from my early adulthood. I vowed to never get to the point of needing dentures (since it wears down your jaw bone), so I always made sure to take pretty decent care of my teeth. Brush at least once a day always before bed.

Anyway, I was discovering an old tooth-colored filling in-between my front teeth has become weakened and is slightly lifting up on the edges. This causes concern when I floss as it is shredding the floss, and I MUST get this fixed before bacteria makes it way under the filling and becomes a cavity, unless I'm too late....

And It's been at LEAST a decade since my front teeth actually TOUCHED the bottom teeth when I bite down, so I've been suffering YEARS of pulling bacon, pickles, tomato, or lettuce out of all my burgers/sandwiches without successfully cutting fully through them. So as I was looking at them further and realized my front teeth have become so worn down, I have nearly half a centimeter of space between them. My back teeth have always touched just fine, but the front teeth haven't touched since I wore them down biting my fingernails as a child.

Does anyone have veneers? Do you like them?
I would consider them to make my front teeth a bit longer and attractive again, but I am NOT crazy about the idea of them shaving down part of my teeth in order to fit the veneers on top...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP