Users Online Now: 2,233 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 887,311
Pageviews Today: 1,581,112Threads Today: 674Posts Today: 11,931
06:04 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject DOOM BREAK!! Stimulate your mind!...If REALITY blinks in an out of existence at 10 to the 44th power Planck Time...? Help me figure this out!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Just bringing back this thread for new eye's and points of view! And a break from the Doom and Gloom :)

Ok. So my brain has been bouncing around this theory, trying to get a better grasp about the nature of our reality.

So, I have this postulation...Am I just going down a rabbit hole?

First of all, if atoms are 99.999999999999% empty space, does that mean that 'reality' is .000000000001% matter or frequency?

So our reality is almost ethereal in a sense. Very subtle energy in the grand scheme of things.

With that in mind, consider that atoms, according to Planck theory, blink in and out of existence at 100,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000
times per second...or 10 to the 44th power.

We cannot perceive the blinking on and off...It's too fast for us to perceive, so reality seems constant.

BUT, consider that our eye/brain can only translate frequencies at say 30 frames per second in normal everyday life. Some people can see up to 200 FPS...Is this why some people see ghosts or other phenomena?

If we only perceive a low number of FPS, what are we perceiving subconsciously all of the other gazillions of frames per second? By the time you perceive just one second, there have been trillions of trillions of cycles in reality that we know nothing about.

Is this a total rabbit hole or can we gain a little insight into the nature of our perception/ reality in the life?

Everything else in the universe...dark matter, alternate realities or universes is in a frequency so fast that our brains just can't perceive what our WHOLE selves are doing at any given 'moment' in time?

Does anyone see where I'm trying to go with this and can explain it better? Here's just a little tid bit I saw somewhere that talks along the same lines, but not very satisfying.

If we could speed up our 'senses' how much more could we see, experience and focus on?

.......[–]mrcaid 63 points 1 year ago (*last edited 10 months ago)
".....I have done academic courses on cognitive neuroscience at the university of Utrecht (Netherlands). It all depends on the training a person has had. Fighter pilots have been recorded spotting 1/255th of a frame. That's right: 255 frames per second And they could give a rough estimate as to what they've seen.

Edit: seanalltogether took the time to post a source (220 fps and they could identify the aircraft). Edit2: Seeing that my post is the 2nd hit on google when looking for 'max frames per second eye can see', little add-on: This research went looking for the temporal gaps that people could perceive, I'm linking to the result diagram.. The figure about vision is a box-plot. The average population would perceive about 45 frames per second (nice going HFR movies). But on the other hand, you have 25% of the population who will percieve more than 60 frames per second, with extremes going to seeing temporal gaps of up to 2 ms. Which is insane. When I wrote my replies and the first post, I did not know about this research. New conclusion: By far most of the human population (test in USA) will see more than 24 fps, only the extremes will see just the 24 fps or less (we're going towards visualle impaired elderly). More than 50% of the population will benefit greatly from FPS of 45+. Trained fighter pilots can see even more, so training of the brain might just be possible in perceiving a lower threshold of temporal gap..."
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP