Users Online Now: 1,793 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 733,069
Pageviews Today: 1,248,686Threads Today: 482Posts Today: 8,655
02:00 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject 2011 Clinton Hailed as "Obama's Tech Hero" vs. 2016 Clinton "too stupid to understand tech," so no prosecution.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message FBI Director James Comey this week said Mrs. Clinton and her aides were “extremely careless” with classified information, and he said she should have known better.

But he said "she was so unsophisticated in her understanding of both technology and classification that he couldn’t prove she intended to break the law."

[link to www.washingtontimes.com]

50,000 Hillary Email Release WikiLeaks
EMAIL ID No. 28998
[link to wikileaks.org (secure)]

"OBAMA'S UNSUNG TECH HERO: HILLARY CLINTON"
"The Secret Hero"

The most surprising and impressive successes on technology policy in this administration have come from perhaps the agency and the woman least expected to deliver them - the State Department and Hillary Clinton. In 2008, she was supposedly techno-challenged and out of touch ... a creature of the 90s ... a luddite who ignored Silicon Valley in the campaign and didn't quite understand the Internet era. Remember that woman? (Remember 2008?)

Today, in 2011, I'm giving Secretary Hillary Clinton the nod as the Obama Administration's improbable MVP in the technology realm. While she has not magically downloaded world peace on every nation's hard drive, she has been the smartest, most aggressive, and most successful senior member of the Obama Administration to attempt to harness all things digital to serve her department's wide-ranging agenda. For that alone, she deserves credit.

She has initiated several innovative technology-based diplomacy and development efforts as a means of re-imagining power relationships in a networked world, under the umbrella of a State-Department marketing slogan--"21st Century Statecraft." So, while I have often noted Administration short-comings (especially at the FCC), here I can give credit where due.

From where I sit, it appears the State Department has become a hub of technology activity. The Department has been dreaming up imaginative ways to use technology and actually implementing them in particular communities, for the benefit of particular people, in ways that further American diplomatic and development goals.

startrekmind
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP