Users Online Now: 1,977 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 918,965
Pageviews Today: 1,716,032Threads Today: 839Posts Today: 14,835
07:07 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Is homeschooling easier than public schooling?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'm getting divorced (thanks, oxycontin!) I have twin boys who are going into first grade. I homeschooled them for their kindergarten year and they did great. They're testing way above their grade level.

I was a stay at home mom, but now I'm getting back into the workforce. Ideally, I'll be working part time and going to school part time. But I may have to give up school and just work full time. Either way...

Homeschooling wasn't all that hard when they were kindergartners and I was going to school full time.

Is it possible that homeschooling could actually be easier than public schooling? Especially with all the common core crap that's going on... I mean, their homework is my homework, right? Are they going to be bringing home a whole bunch of nonsense for me to have to figure out, instead of just teaching them a proper lesson? And is it possible that by avoiding the inevitable unruly influences so commonly found in public schools I will be saving myself a world of trouble? They're such nice boys- I would hate to see their attitudes change.

Can a single mother with primary custody homeschool?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP