Users Online Now: 2,030 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,147,080
Pageviews Today: 2,009,514Threads Today: 772Posts Today: 15,355
09:42 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject NM Legislator Wants Special License for Veterans to Protect Law Enforcement From Dangerous Vets
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Seems like a good idea to me -- anytying to help keep are law men and women more safe ...

The Dallas and Baton Rouge cops killers were BOTH veterans ...

[link to krqe.com]

New Mexico veterans split on driver’s license marking
ColeMiller01 By Cole Miller Published: March 19, 2015, 4:47 pm Updated: March 14, 2016, 12:01 pm

SANTA FE (KRQE) – A lawmaker wants veterans to have a special New Mexico driver’s license so police would know they’re veterans. The reason why has stirred up debate.

snip

His bill would allow veterans to have the word ‘veteran’ stamped on their drivers licenses if they so choose.

Republican Sen. Craig Brandt, who sits on the committee, was left fired up after what he says Rep. Steinborn said.

“He tried to sell it as a convenience for veterans,” Sen. Brandt from Rio Rancho said. “I don’t see it like that at all.

He said that law enforcement needs to have this as a tool on your driver’s license so they know you’re a veteran because veterans have (Post Traumatic Stress Disorder) and they’re dangerous.”

Sen. Brandt, a veteran himself, said those comments offended him and all New Mexico veterans.

“It struck a nerve. I tried to hold my tongue but I didn’t.”

KRQE News 13 tried to catch up with Rep. Steinborn Thursday before a committee he sits on started but he didn’t want to comment.

So KRQE News 13 looked to an Albuquerque legion hall instead.

snip
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP