Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Another Millennial Thread
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message There has been quite a bit of generation bashing here lately. So what the hell, I think I will get in on it also. Maybe I can now just group it all into one post.

Millennials, I must say do have some sort of deluded sense of reality about the world around them. I am not sure where or how this came about, but it certainly is prevalent. I have seen a few posts from Millennials that do actually seem to have their shit together and I am not referring to you and I mean no offense, it’s the others I am speaking about.

Some examples of the millennial mentality are this, but not limited to:

Living at home: If your parents are providing your means of survival in this world, then you are a problem. If you just party all the time, sit around the house playing xbox, then you are part of the problem, you are lazy. Living at home is not a necessarily a bad thing as long as you are pulling your weight. You work, you pay your fair share, you help out with the maintenance of the home. As far as I am concerned, if you want free room and board there are only two places to get that. Join the military or go to prison.

Entitled: There is a hierarchy of things in this world. Just because you graduate from college does not mean your first job upon graduating will be the CEO or some level of management and receive a 6 figure paycheck. You must earn your way into that position, by starting at the bottom and moving up. College does not teach you everything you need to know about running a business or managing people. We were all told we can be whatever we wanted to be when we grew up. But you all seem to have missed the part about having to work for it. It will not be handed to you.

Skills: You must know how to do more than configure a smartphone and wi-fi router. If some of you put as much effort into bettering your life and situation as you do your video games, you would probably do pretty well. You must also know how to do a few other things. Cooking, basic auto repair, basic plumbing, basic electric, build a shed, build a brick mailbox, patch clothing, cook your dinner over a fire, catch your own dinner, the possibilities are endless, choose two to know, at least.

Tattoos: Tattoos have been in many cultures for many years. The point here is, if you are going to get one, get one that has some sort of meaning. Not because it looks cool. The Army Rangers get a Ranger tat to symbolize membership in a lifelong brotherhood, many other examples of this. But just because you pick one out of a book is a poor excuse to prove your perceived independence to the world. Oh, and pay your bills first.

Know it alls: I have seen many Millennials post about their Boomer boss. Millennials, no matter how fucked up you think your boomer boss may be, you are there to do the job he/she hired you to do, which you agreed to by accepting whatever payment was offered. What you fail to realize is that chances are, that boomer has learned the hard way. He/she may not have had the luxury of going to college, but yet that never stopped them from putting everything they could muster into something and making it work. The last thing they need is some little punk ass kid, three months out of a liberal college coming in there and telling the boomer how to run a business. Odds are, that boomer you are working for has been operating that business or several others for over 30 years, what could you actually say to them to change what they have obviously been doing right for so many years?

They were not handed that business, they busted their ass building it. If the boomer boss is so difficult to work for, then go work for another Millennial at McDonalds or something. The boomer is the boss, he is there to make money, if they are not making money, then neither do you and you are certainly not entitled to the profits of such business. If you had as much blood and sweat invested as the owner, then you would have valid gripe, but you don’t. You have nothing invested. You want to be the boss, then start your own business

No generation is perfect, every generation has their shortcomings, that is understood and we have always worked through them. However, Boomers and GenX are not going to kiss your ass. We all live in the same fucked up world, we all have to find our own way. We did not grow up in a world where we were coddled and have our safe spaces, and you will not be the exception. Just because it is a fucked up world, does not mean you can throw your hands up in the air, say fuck it and let someone else support you. If you do not want to be ridiculed, then put your big boy/girl pants on, grab your bootstraps and step it up. Otherwise you will never be taken seriously and you will be ridiculed, just like we were when we whined. Yes, we whined too, but someone along the way told us to quit being a pussy and to buck up, and we did and when we grew up we thanked them for it.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP