Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Been cold approaching/doing PUA for 8 yrs... My 2 cents
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Not much into the puahate/sluthate culture but a lot of what you guys write is actually true(especially about Looks/money/status) and that "game" such as confidence/sub-com isn't as important as what most PUA gurus claim it is to be.

About me, i've been cold approaching for 8 yrs now, living in San Francisco/Los Angeles. My parents emigrated to america from Vietnam when i was 4 yrs old(i'm 5'5 vietnamese american, basically i look like any other average looking asian guy). I have about 50,000 approaches under my belt(could be more). I've also taken two bootcamps(1 from lovesystems and 1 from RSD).Basically, 50k approaches, BOTH day game and night game. MOst of my day game were at malls/beaches/college campuses, nightgame were at bars/high end clubs.

50,000 approaches and i started to notice patterns/tendencies of the feedback i received from women.

1. Majority of girls I approached were go-nowhere/BF objection/platonic conversations, and even IF i got her phone number, 95% of the time she will not respond, or she WILL respond but flake/make excuses about not going on a date with me

and yes, this is REGARDLESS if I was in "state"(aka came on confident). The only difference between being out of state and being in state is that the girls are more polite and won't reject you right away. Basically, if the girl doesn't see you as her type, no amount of "game" will get her to like you and flip the attraction switch. She still has to like you in a physical sense(the same reason YOU wouldn't want to date a fat/ugly girl even if she was funny). Majority of the girls i approach have a Boyfriend(Especially the attractive ones), and of the times where she doesn't have a boyfriend, anything more than a non-platonic interaction, she will make a shitload of excuses.

2. The "Rare" results i occasionally get, it was because of sheer volume/effort of approaching and has little to do with my "game". THe last few lays i had, the girls had a VERY strong preference with asian guys. And the girls i usually tend to attract aren't anymore better looking than me (they are about 5s or 6s). Basically, i was at the right place at the right time thanks to the "numbers game" i played.

don't forget, i still had to tolerate the shitload of go nowhere sets (BF objections/Day 2 flakes/platonic interactions) to get a small % of the results(i'll probably get a few lays a year from a sub 5/10 girl). Keep in mind though, majority of the girls i tend to approach are attractive white or mexican girls, i'm sure my hit rate will increase if I approached asian girls.

3. what you basically learn when you take a bootcamp is basically "approach as much as possible" "be confident" "take care of logistics". That's pretty much the gist of what i learned. ANd IF i don't get the desired result, I am the one to blame/held accountable(but not the technique that was presented to me) for not "doing it correctly".
^
^
the reason why this is BS is because from my experience, EVERY "lay" i've ever gotten was because I was at the right place at the right time, it has little to do with my "game", it has more to do with the girl having a strong preference in asian guys or the girl was already "interested" in me, regardless if I had game. (basically, this is what they call screening).

I also tried online game and i got nothing out of it. Just a warpig but i wasn't interested. I even tried tinder(mass swiming right) and i only got a few matches, none of which converted into a date). I've learned that the online dating option is a waste of time for me because I TRIED IT and got nothign to show for. Also, girls get combarded with messages all the time, so even if you mass email hundreds of girls, that girl probably gets hundreds a day, so it really doesn't increase your chances.

about 2 and a half years ago, i started winging with my good looking black friend(dude is a genuine 9/10, buff as fuck, tall, etc). Every girl he has approached was "already" interested in him by giving him signals, and every number he gets, 95% of the time he would convert it on a date(he rarely gets flaked on basically). I've hung out with him for over 8 months and i saw the same pattern. His game is NO better than mine(as a matter of fact, my game is better than his because i'm more confident and I approach more), he's just more efficient because he's good at taking advantage of the girls who are already interested in him and converting it into results.

4. The average looking and hot girls in the united states(and most western society) REALLY do get a lot of suitors believe it or not. That is why they are ultra picky /selective on who they date. basically, the women in the united states(or any western society) are OVERVALUED, there's hoards of guys who are their suitors.

Overall

I've already accepted the status-quo of the dating/cold approach scene here in the united states. I live here, i work here and i've already learned to accept that it's VERY difficult for me to get results. I still cold approach to this day believe it or not, i've learned to accept the difficulties of a minority short guy doing cold approach and persevere anyway. But yes, cold approach pickup is fucking hard and the most inefficient way to get laid(trust me on this). If you guys really want to get laid by a hot girl, go to countries where it's easy to get laid like eastern europe/south america/SE asia, etc. Otherwise, you will have a tough time getting results here. If you aren't good looking(tall/white/etc), you will have a very difficult time getting laid.

there is a trick to the western way of getting laid though. By joining a fraternity or raising your Status/ lots of $$$(girls can provide for themselves). And even if you are in a good social circle, the girls wil still have preferences, you still need to be the top 1-2 dudes in that circle to get results.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP