Users Online Now: 2,794 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 1,179,456
Pageviews Today: 2,270,344Threads Today: 1,063Posts Today: 19,899
11:30 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject ARE THEY GOING TO CRASH THE INTERNET?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Being a former ISP of 22 years, I understand the framework of the Internet and am very concerned about the ICANN hand over to the U.N. and yesterday I wrote and article about it.

I was examining my webstats this afternoon and noticed that I got an unusual visitor, JP Morgan! Which now makes this transfer a bit suspicious. Below is my followup article. I only post a portion, as the pic of the visitor is at the link.

Imagine this scenario, it is the Friday September 30th and the Obama administration is handing over the DNS zone files of the Internet from ICANN to the U.N. What could go wrong?

In speaking with several Network Administrators, maybe noting, but maybe everything.

The Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers basically translates IP (Internet Protocol) addresses into domain names for their Domain Name System (DNS).

So if one had a domain www.internet.com it would also have a numerical IP address that would be associated, i.e., 172.16.254.1 = internet.com.

This move has been planned for years, so it comes as no surprise that it is being moved outside of the U.S., but what is surprising is the fact that the U.N. is taking control of the ICANN DNS, as the U.N. was never in the equation!<snip>
[link to wecat.org]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP