Users Online Now: 2,073 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 576,941
Pageviews Today: 927,099Threads Today: 368Posts Today: 6,026
09:51 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject He died alone in his own home and nobody was notified!
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I am ticked off! I was a care giver for a veteran for a year following a quadruple heart bypass surgery. I hadn't heard from him since December last year as his phone was disconnected. I had asked around to see if anybody else had seen or heard from him, and the answer was always 'no'.

2 days ago, I got a call from his mortgage lady (I drove him to all of his appointments with Dr.s, bank, mortgage, etc. so I knew everybody) and she wanted to know if I had seen or heard from him. I told her no, but she could call the Sheriff and have them do a safety check on him. She called them and called me back. The Sheriff was called back in June to go check on him, and found him dead in his home. There had been a nurse there 2 days in a row to check on him, but when she didn't get an answer, she called the Sheriff to go in.

This is what ticks me off the most... THERE WAS NOTHING POSTED OR PUBLISHED ANYWHERE ABOUT HIS DEATH! My name and number was all over the place so that someone should have called me...but not one call! He has 2 children and they had to find out that their dad died 3 FRICKEN MONTHS AGO! ALONE!

What happened to his body? Do the kids get to say good bye? Does he get a funeral or service? This is SO WRONG!

So, I am making it my mission to ask people get to know the people who live alone in their homes in your neighborhood, and find out if they have family that needs to be notified in the event they pass away. If nothing else post it on their refrigerator for them so if a Police officer or EMT comes in, the info is readily available. At least the family would be notified...
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP