Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I bought a little ROCKET stove for SHTF
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I ordered a ROCKET STOVE today.
Rocket stoves appeal to me over the ton of options because you can feed it sticks. Just a handful of sticks. No special fuels needed.

There are many makes and models - and if you are crafty you can look up how to make your own. The model I got is American Made from a company called Grover Rocket Stoves - its a bit more bulky - not a back packing model but more of a car camping, or bugging in the back yard if the power is out kind of contraption.

I live in a Hurricane prone power outage area - meaning inland far enough to miss most of any direct hit, but not out of range for a long haul of no power.

Now like a grill you can't use this thing inside, but the way it captures the heat I think it makes a better option then counting on other fuel sources that can be hard to come by - or out of range - or even run out of - with one of these stoves you can just forage some sticks.

Here is a little video of the model I ordered today.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP