Users Online Now: 1,284 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 124,224
Pageviews Today: 202,853Threads Today: 70Posts Today: 1,231
02:05 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Love thy neighbor ? Obey your father and mother ? Help !
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message Hello you all,

I have a spiritual and family related question .

I know the christian life wasnt going to be and isn't supposed to be easy. It is all terribly hard. It is hard to love people that are cruel, it is harder to forgive when we have been wronged, it is scary to approach people (friends, family) and share God with them, it is complicated, it is constant, and it is intense. Being a Christian is also the only way to truly live. Before I was saved by Christ, I knew I was missing life, I was scared of dying and eternity, and I knew there is more to this life.

I say all that to introduce myself. I love Jesus Christ, I want to follow Christ in my life, I want to become a better person and christian in my life, that is my main goal from day to day, and more than that I want so badly to tell absolutely everyone I know and everyone I meet about Christ...... I want everyone to go to heaven and I believe Jesus Christ is the only way to have eternity in heaven

But I am having trouble. How do I love better ? How do I love cruel people? How do I pray ? How do I witness to my unsaved husband ? How do I love my family - who claim Christianity but live insanely hypocritical lives ? My father was a pastor of a non denominational christian church but shows no spiritual growth or walk? Do you tell people that claim Christ but don't live like it that you are afraid for their eternity? Do I keep my mouth shut ?
I want so badly to love people how Christ wants me to love them but I say too much. I advise too much, I always offer a solution for everything. I tell people what they are doing wrong and how they can stop, I always try to be loving but I am way to blunt. I don't even mean it arrogantly but I am sure that is how everyone takes it and it probably is entirely my arrogance but I am too arrogant to even know that....

My family is claiming Christianity but leading these terrible lives and I am afraid to even have my unsaved husband around them because of how wild they all are and how toxic they have always been to us........ what do I do ? Do I keep these people in my prayers? Do I keep them in my life ? Do you have to walk away from people that live such sinful lives ? I know we all sin, but I think the true character of a Christian is that they try desperately hard not to sin , and they turn away from sin as often as they possibly can, not wallow in it and demand that everyone around them accept their sin...... my parents were semi supportive of an abortion this year that My younger sister had- they all told me that the father was being too bossy and it wasn't the right time to have a baby....... meanwhile she killed a baby and the family barely bats an eye......

My heart breaks when I think cruel thoughts about them all. I cry when I get mad at them or say something I shouldn't to them. I know about Christ because of them and I feel terrible for not wanting to be around them but I dont. They are cruel to me. I don't think any of them love me. I don't think they ever have. I am adopted so I know they can't love me like a biological mother would love their child but they don't even love me like a neighbor or friend.......

What do I do? Is this love your neighbor ? Does everyone else have people that say they are christians but acting like this too?

Help

I have only one spiritually sound friend and she is going through the same thing and we are both constantly trying to work on relationships that seem like they are deceased

Help help
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP