Users Online Now: 1,852 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 705,755
Pageviews Today: 1,199,960Threads Today: 451Posts Today: 8,204
01:31 PM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Strange butterfly like entity spotted by myself in the sky (with pics) - Mothman?
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message ok, so i am a rational kind of guy and been here a good while and on 15th Feb 2016 i brought my newborn baby home and about an hr or so after we got back to our rural home about 15km from Kathmandu the lad from upstairs came running in all excited saying something was in the sky and to come see.

So as usual i went out expecting aircraft lights as it was just getting dark only to see a really strange creature? in the sky about 200m away and maybe 50m up.

We lived (moved now) in a valley on an incline and this creature was hovering above a hilltop nr the road and was just sat there without any movement at all, no wing flapping.... nothing!.

By eye it was as large as a truck is tall so maybe 8-10 ft tall. I could tell its general location as the perspective changed relative to the parked truck nr its location. By camera though it was small so had to use zoom etc.

So i knew quickly it was odd so i grabbed my digital camera (samsung galaxy mk1) and took some stills and a real shitty vid. The video is worthless par a sec when in focus so i grabbed a still from it.

It was there for maybe 3 mins and then slowly moved to the left maintaining its height despite land rapidly falling away and still without flapping etc and slowly over a few minutes drifted away down the valley out of sight.

Now i am a very logical person and can usually explain things away easily and accurately however this time i am at a loss as to what this could have been.

I would have said a kite maybe but this is Nepal, you dont get this kind of thing here (just 20cent small diamond ones in festival time oct/nov) and it was coming dark with no wind and pretty cold and also drifting away over the steep drop to the river/ravine and impossible to get to anyway.

We do get large vultures here as big as dogs but this was very big and motionless and nothing like them anyway.

SO.... any ideas??

Actually while writing this thread it occurred to me that this might be considered a "Mothman" sighting but i don't believe in it so??

It honestly looked like a big black butterfly with a tail which was all visible by eye and in all fairness freaked me out a little as the timing with my newborn coming home was scary. I thought it looked like an angel but big n black ... and a little demonic (in my head). Anyway i convinced myself it was a good thing but to this day i have no idea what it was or could have been which still gives me the heebeejeebees lol.

ps - i am a 100% no bs legit guy and this is exactly as it happened, photos legit etc and may be passed on no worries hf

[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
[link to imgur.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface