Users Online Now: 1,955 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 83,406
Pageviews Today: 109,375Threads Today: 27Posts Today: 432
12:50 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject I get ONE (IMO) stupid question a month, here it is...
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message It's about what is called "stimming"
According to wiki... stimming is "a repetitive body movement that self-stimulates one or more senses in a regulated manner. Stimming is known in psychiatry as a "stereotypy", a continuous movement."

I rock/sway back and forth if I'm standing for more than a few minutes.. always have. I know I've got some issues... lol. But it's only standing- not sitting or anything else. I also know that my mom does too..

What I'm trying to figure out is where does the need to rock/sway come from- pinpointed and is this a genetic thing.. I'm trying to figure if there is a relation between her rocking and mine and if it's some "thing" that was passed down...

She was born in the 40's before all e crazy vaccines and I was born in the 70's before the newer, crazier ones we have today came out.

[link to autism.wikia.com]
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP