Users Online Now: 1,039 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 119,860
Pageviews Today: 211,160Threads Today: 77Posts Today: 1,474
02:49 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Day of the Lord, literalist version.
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I recently had a chat with somebody about the Bible. I would like to repost it in this thread and get some feedback about any issues I may have overlooked. This first on is part of 5 documents that deal specifically with the term 'Day of the Lord' as it is found in the 1611KJV.

Day of the Lord is a good example of why the book is by a single author and why the generation that is going to be effected by what is written about in the last book. With that in mind I’m going to work backwards through the book as the method being used in a general information type of document. The additional verses will stay on topic even if the references are scattered about.
Information is left out here yet that missing information is included in 2Th:2 when it says the truth (about what the Bible says about God) will fall to the ground (RCC Latin Bible was that event) and somebody must sit on a throne in Jerusalem and claim to be the God of the Bible. That is a future event but it answers the ‘what is withholding the return’ and the answer is that prophecy not being fulfilled is what is holding back the return rather than it being anything else that is promoted in a variety of false doctrines.
1Th:5:1-3:
But of the times and the seasons,
brethren,
ye have no need that I write unto you.
For yourselves know perfectly that the day of the Lord so cometh as a thief in the night.
For when they shall say,
Peace and safety;
then sudden destruction cometh upon them,
as travail upon a woman with child;
and they shall not escape.

Peace and safety in Revelations is only during the 4 days that the two witnesses are dead in the streets of Jerusalem and that is the last 4 days of the period known as the 2nd woe. The 3 woes mentioned after 4 trumps have sounded are for the 5th trump (5 months of hell) and the 6th trump (37 months in which 1/3 of the people on the planet are killed). When the 2nd woe ends in Re:11 the 3rd woe starts and the beginning is provided but the full text is all of Re:11. The ‘thief in the night’ prophecy unfolds during a specific vial as it affects a named group. The kings alive at that time are not the 10 kings that are given kingdoms by the Beast from the Pit but the Church would have some citizens in those countries that would survive the vials and these are the kings being referenced as they walk to Jerusalem and the only water they touch is the one flowing in the new and improved Jordan River in Eze:47 as that is how they are glorified to be the same as Jesus was in the 40 days after he was glorified by God in the Re:4 temple. The 12 Tribes are there before the Church starts to arrive. The resurrections start after a 1260 day period. 30 days before that is the sealing of the 144,000 and the two witnesses and the first 4 trumps sound at the rate of 1 per day for 4 days. Daniel also promotes 1335 days and taking away the 1290 days would leave you the time it takes for the Gentiles who survived the 7 vials to walk to Jerusalem so they enter from the east. The heat from the fire that destroys Satan’s Babylon in one hour is how the rivers are dried up.
The 10 kings the Beast appoints are probably all dead by the end of the 1st vial.

Re:16:12-16:
And the sixth angel poured out his vial upon the great river Euphrates;
and the water thereof was dried up,
that the way of the kings of the east might be prepared.
And I saw three unclean spirits like frogs come out of the mouth of the dragon,
and out of the mouth of the beast,
and out of the mouth of the false prophet.
For they are the spirits of devils, working miracles,
which go forth unto the kings of the earth and of the whole world,
to gather them to the battle of that great day of God Almighty.
Behold,
I come as a thief.
Blessed is he that watcheth,
and keepeth his garments,
lest he walk naked,
and they see his shame.
And he gathered them together into a place called in the Hebrew tongue Armageddon.

From the information in the Bible we are given the knowledge about a deception before the actual return. People without that knowledge would not be looking for a deception let alone the other ungodly acts that will be going on.

1Th:5:4-5:
But ye,
brethren,
are not in darkness,
that that day should overtake you as a thief.
Ye are all the children of light,
and the children of the day:
we are not of the night,
nor of darkness.

1Co:11:34:
And if any man hunger,
let him eat at home;
that ye come not together unto condemnation.
And the rest will I set in order when I come.

Lu:24:27:
And beginning at Moses and all the prophets,
he expounded unto them in all the scriptures the things concerning himself.

If you read and summarize the NT it would fit that one verse, what Paul was saying is a small scale version of what Jesus had mentioned during the Gospels. To get the best view a 2nd verse is used as justification to refer to prophecies in the OT. All 12 books after Daniel refer only to the 1st day of the 1,000 year reign.
The prophecy about Elias must come before wrath from God can occur is tossed around a lot. Take the text from the Bible and Job:14 mentions God’s wrath and that is the GWT event as the 1,000 year reign was not introduced in the last book of Scripture was revealed to man. The vision of Christ, Moses and Elias has a fulfillment days as being the last few hours of the same day that Christ resurrects the two witnesses and then sends all sinners to their appointed places. Men go to hell where they can looked on a chained up Satan for 1,000 years Isaiah:14), fallen angels that have already been in the PIT are sent to the fiery lake and any fallen angels who have not been to the PIT are sent there. Satan is the only new one in the PIT and the wrath of God at the end of the 1,000 years does to the planet what happened to Satan’s Babylon. The 144,000 are on that same mountain top when they witness the resurrection of the two witnesses and quite possible event from the very start of that same day. The resurrection, 1 hr pause, 2 hours fire like Sodom experienced, ½ hour pause, resurrection in place of the whole House of Israel as defined in Eze:37. Jesus as at the north end of the Sea of Galilee 6 days before that so it is in the same area. Moses and Elias will be standing on holy ground and having passed their 1,000th birthday they will be able to withstand fire from God in Heaven that consumes the whole earth. That is why only the garden area is restored to garden like status. The Church will roam around the nations rebuilding the cities that angels built before their fall, a task they will do many, many times once the new earth verses. Zec:14 will be repeated 1,000 times and then the end will come.

The grave has two parts, you have to physically die to enter either part. Prior to the day of the return being dead and still awake has had Jonah and Jesus each visit the place for 1 week total. The 2/3 of the planet that misses taking part of the feast of the tabernacles in Zec:14 are awake and in hell, behind a locked gate to make sure they are still there after Satan and the other fallen angels have been released so they can be sent to the fiery lake.

The OT is the best authority on what the sleeping grave is and Isaiah:65 shows the ones sent there do have a future with God once the new earth verses have began to unfold. The beggar Lazarus and the rich man is a prophecy rather than it being a parable or story or whatever. Hell is open as soon as Jesus has the keys and for the 12 Tribes safety for some means no safety for others and the 144,000 are the only ones to see the return, the other members are part of a mass resurrection that fits the ‘died for the word of God0 part of Re:20:4.
Eze:39 explains why as well as what the first 7 years will be like. It is a massive cleanup followed by the gathering of the bones that belonged to the 200M angelic horsemen which takes another 7 months.

Ge:2:7:
And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground,
and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life;
and man became a living soul.

Ec:3:20:
All go unto one place;
all are of the dust,
and all turn to dust again.

Ec:12:7:
Then shall the dust return to the earth as it was:
and the spirit shall return unto God who gave it.

Ec:9:10:
Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do,
do it with thy might;
for there is no work,
nor device,
nor knowledge,
nor wisdom,
in the grave,
whither thou goest.

Job:14:12-17:
So man lieth down,
and riseth not:
till the heavens be no more,
they shall not awake,
nor be raised out of their sleep.
O that thou wouldest hide me in the grave,
that thou wouldest keep me secret,
until thy wrath be past,
that thou wouldest appoint me a set time,
and remember me!
If a man die,
shall he live again?
all the days of my appointed time will I wait,
till my change come.
Thou shalt call,
and I will answer thee:
thou wilt have a desire to the work of thine hands.
For now thou numberest my steps:
dost thou not watch over my sin?
My transgression is sealed up in a bag,
and thou sewest up mine iniquity.

Zec:13:8:
And it shall come to pass,
that in all the land,
saith the LORD,
two parts therein shall be cut off and die;
but the third shall be left therein.
Zec:13:9:
And I will bring the third part through the fire,
and will refine them as silver is refined,
and will try them as gold is tried:
they shall call on my name,
and I will hear them:
I will say,
It is my people:
and they shall say,
The LORD is my God.

Zec:14:16:
And it shall come to pass,
that every one that is left of all the nations which came against Jerusalem shall even go up from year to year to worship the King,
the LORD of hosts,
and to keep the feast of tabernacles.

1Th:5:6-9:
Therefore let us not sleep,
as do others;
but let us watch and be sober.
For they that sleep sleep in the night;
and they that be drunken are drunken in the night.
But let us, who are of the day,
be sober,
putting on the breastplate of faith and love;
and for an helmet,
the hope of salvation.
For God hath not appointed us to wrath,
but to obtain salvation by our Lord Jesus Christ,
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge