Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Check-in thread for people who have survived floods
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I'll go 1st. So--what-WHY did I see photos and images of people just SITTING in chest-deep water?

Were they tied to wheelchairs or something? The physical inclination is to float. That is disturbing to me as well as ALL of it as I live in a flood-zone and I am acknowledged as having pretty bad PTSD from it and yeah this storm triggers me/us.

I am at the beach in New Jersey and the 1st thing I saw this morning is a storm-band cloud and I'm shaking a little. After sandy every time it even rained everyone would be on edge. Seeing this on TV etc. is risky for flood survivors since I believe that we all have a little PTSD.

This looks WAY WORSE than sandy. WHY are so many people IN THE WATER? My area is a tourist area so only locals were here and mostly empty houses and we all know how to swim. WHY are there people not swimming out? WHY are they waiting for help? In water. WHY? This did not happen in sandy.

Oh--and one of the reasons why I did NOT evacuate for sandy and instead SWAM out of my house to higher ground,was the AIR PRESSURE. Barometric pressure goes down in the days leading up to a hurricane and in my case it caused my entire body to SWELL UP and I literally had nothing to wear or pack to wear for evacuation since 90% of my clothes did not fit at that point.

Sorry I'm rambling here.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP