Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject Trump's Appointment of John Bolton A Betrayal of Trump's Base
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message I used to be a fairly ardent supporter of Trump. But now that he's appointed John Bolton as his national security advisor, I'm wondering what is going on.

Trump made it clear while campaigning that he opposed the 2003 Iraq invasion and that he wanted to stop the empire building of the USA. No more continuous invading of other countries in the name of an ill defined War on Terror.

John Bolton not only supported and still supports the 2003 Iraq invasion, but he is known to be one of the most ardent pro-war, pro-invasion, pro-empire building people in DC.

Why has Trump done an about face by appointing such a war monger when he campaigned on ending all these mindless wars????

I agree the bill he signed recently is pretty bad, but it seems everyone is so focused on that, they've missed this thing about the Bolton appointment. If John Bolton is able to shape foreign policy and persuade Trump on these issues, that seems to be a far more dangerous development.

Maybe I missed this topic being discussed here before, but I wanted to throw this out here.

Does anyone think Trump's appointment of Bolton is not only a betrayal of what Trump campaigned on but also a warning that WW3 got that much closer?
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP