Users Online Now: 1,619 (Who's On?)Visitors Today: 460,164
Pageviews Today: 702,710Threads Today: 263Posts Today: 3,547
08:03 AM

Back to Forum
Back to Forum
Back to Thread
Back to Thread
REPLY TO THREAD
Subject How to enter heaven and into a personal relationship with God - Receiving righteousness and justification through Jesus Christ
User Name

Font color:  Font:

In accordance with industry accepted best practices we ask that users limit their copy / paste of copyrighted material to the relevant portions of the article you wish to discuss and no more than 50% of the source material, provide a link back to the original article and provide your original comments / criticism in your post with the article.
Original Message How to enter heaven and into a personal relationship with God - Receiving righteousness and justification through Jesus Christ

What is the difference between justification and imputed righteousness ?

In order to enter heaven we need to have perfect righteousness and we also need to be justified by God. How exactly do we obtain these two things ?

Let us start off by examining what these two things actually are.

Imputed righteousness

Because all have sinned we have broken gods law, therefore none of us are worthy to enter heaven because God cannot dwell in the presence of sin.

So in order to fix this we need to have perfect righteousness, which is perfection against Gods law. God is the only one who can impute (provide) this to us.

The first time we see an example of this in scripture is with Abraham. Abraham simply believed god and for this reason he received the perfect righteousness of God.

Romans 4:3

For what saith the scripture? Abraham believed God, and it was accredited unto him for righteousness.

This is a foreshadow of what would happen in the current age that we live in today, (the age of grace), that we would receive salvation if we believe the promise of God.

This promise is that if we believe that Jesus died and rose again for our sin then we shall receive eternal life.

John 3:16

For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Romans 3:22

even the righteousness of God through faith in Jesus Christ for all those who believe; for there is no distinction;

Romans 5:17

For if by the transgression of the one, death reigned through the one, much more those who receive the abundance of grace and of the gift of righteousness will reign in life through the One, Jesus Christ.

Justification

Now that the that the individual has received the perfect righteousness of God. Justification is the act of God actually declaring the individual as righteous.

Think of it like an ending to an court case, the judge will come to a conclusion at the end of the case, however the conclusion is not brought forth into action until the judge has made the final announcement, they often use the hammer/mallet at the end to confirm this.

Though Abraham received the perfect righteousness from God the moment he first believed, he did not receive justification until later on. This often confuses a lot of people but we must realise that this is because Jesus had not yet died for the sins of the world.

Abraham had to then prove to God that his faith was true in order to be justified, so God commanded him to offer up his son Isaac as a sacrifice, of course at the very point where Abraham was about to execute his son the angel of the lord came and stopped him.

Genesis 22:10-12

10 And Abraham stretched forth his hand, and took the knife to slay his son.
11 And the angel of the Lord called unto him out of heaven, and said, Abraham, Abraham: and he said, Here am I.
12 And he said, Lay not thine hand upon the lad, neither do thou any thing unto him: for now I know that thou fearest God, seeing thou hast not withheld thy son, thine only son from me.

When Abraham did this he was then granted justification.

James 2:21

Was not Abraham our father justified by works, when he had offered Isaac his son upon the altar?

This is not to say his works justified him because no man is justified by works, but rather it was this act that proved his faith was true, which god by his grace justified him. Grace thru faith.

Fortunately for us today our salvation is dependant on the faithfulness of one, and that is Jesus Christ. Because Jesus already died and rose again and has paid our sin debt on our behalf. We not only get the perfect righteousness of Christ but we also receive justification the moment we first believe.

Romans 5:1-2

Therefore, having been JUSTIFIED by faith, we have peace with God through our Lord Jesus Christ, through whom also we have obtained our introduction by faith into this grace in which we stand; and we exult in hope of the glory of God.

2 Corinthians 5:21

God made him who had no sin to be sin for us, so that in him we might become the RIGHTEOUSNESS of God.

Praise God that we exist in this current age where the path of salvation is made so easy for us. The Best part is that once we receive it, it is ours forever and nothing can be done in order to lose it.

That pretty much explains what salvation is, if you would like to receive eternal life and enter into a personal relationship with God just simply believe, if your not sure how then pray this prayer with a genuine heart.

Dear God

I admit that I am a sinner. I have done many things that donít please you. I am sorry and I repent. I ask you to forgive me.I believe that your son Jesus Christ died on the cross for me, to save me and I believe that he risen from the dead three days later to pay the penalty for my sins so that I could be forgiven. You did what I could not do for myself. I come to you now and ask you to take control of my life, I give it to you. Help me to live every day in a way that pleases you. I love you, Lord, and I thank you that I will spend all eternity with you in Jesusí name amen.
Pictures (click to insert)
5ahidingiamwithranttomatowtf
bsflagIdol1hfbumpyodayeahsure
banana2burnitafros226rockonredface
pigchefabductwhateverpeacecool2tounge
 | Next Page >>

GLP